California state taxes.

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season California state taxes.

• This topic has 19 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jack.
  • Topic Starter
    Anonymous

Let’s keep California tax refund people updated here

Viewing 18 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Jack

The blanket “7 to 10 days” statement on FTB’s website is not accurate. In reality you need to use the Where’s My Refund site (which has never worked for me and apparently doesn’t work for many others) or call. Today I called and was told “refund over $10,000 are being manually processed. Your refund will take 8 to 12 weeks.”

BTW, wait times when you call are over 2 hours today, but you can give them your number and they’ll call you back.

unf0rgettable1

After it says… refund authorized… how long is it taking to get direct deposited?

Mine says:

We authorized your refund on Friday, March 11, 2016.

Please allow:

10 business days to receive your refund by direct deposit, or

25 business days to receive your refund by check.

If we made any adjustments to your return, we will notify you by mail.

MY QUESTION IS… DOESN’T IT REALLY TAKETENOFF TWO WEEKS FROM THIS DATE? OR HOW LONG IS IT TAKING TO GET DIRECT DEPOSITED?

THANX.

CaitCali

I am having the same issue with state return. I am not able to check the status. I was accepted the 20th of January. I called yesterday and they said that it will most likely be deposited by the 17th and if not to call them back. :( I need my money!

Erika

@CaliGuy – I get the same error. Unable to check. We filed on the 22nd and got accepted the same day. Still no refund, and unable to check.

CaliGuy

Help I can’t seem to get any information from the California Tax website, each time I put in my Information I get in return this:

We are unable to provide your refund status online.

The two most common reasons are:

The refund amount does not match our records. The amount you enter must exactly match the information on your tax return.

Perhaps someone can help with what information I need to put in these boxes? I got accepted on the 19th through TurboTax. Thank you!

dee

@Mother_Of_3 when was yours authorized? and did you get a DD date or was it just deposited into your account? i hope i see it this week.

Anonymous

@dee i got my DD today for STATE !!! so u will see it soon

Seejay

FTB site says my return was processed today. So I’m assuming that’s approved as that’s the term that was used for the previous years.

Crabby

Update! Submitted 1/18 now get message.
                          We authorized your refund on Monday, January 25, 2016.

Jessica

Update: mine finally says accepted on the ca site! It was accepted on the 14th, so I should get it by the 28th! Will update then..

dee

lavanidosa26 Did you already get a DD date? my state got authorized on Saturday (1/23) I hope i get it this week!

MP

Accepted on the 14th. Still says unable to retrieve info….etc. Rep says it takes up to 10 business days. How often do they update?

Anonymous

Every time I log in to ftb California web site it tells me my numbers don’t match and tells me to call. When I call they tell me it said that it’s because they haven’t processed it yet. I filled and was accepted on the 8th. Ugh

KG

Accepted on 1/14, still unable to find my return online… I’m worried.

tinabear
                                      @tinamo81

Finally got an update on FTB as well! 3 days after received, was beginning to get worried!

Crabby

Update: Return Finally shows up online. Not DD date though Shows Submitted 1/18

Crabby

Submitted 1/18 Accepted 1/20. No info online. Tonight saying unable to view your return online

lavanidosa26

This is what mine said :-)

CALIFORNIA STATE:

We authorized your refund on Thursday, January 21, 2016. 

Please allow: 

10 business days to receive your refund by direct deposit, or
                                            25 business days to receive your refund by check.
                                            If we made any adjustments to your return, we will notify you by mail.

Jessica

I filed on 1/15 through TT.
                                              Accepted federal on 1/19
                                              California taxes has no info on my return, getting concerned, it’s always updated faster than federal and have gotten it 7 days after I’ve filed.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                          • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.