California State Refund – 3 Month Hold Status

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season California State Refund – 3 Month Hold Status

• This topic has 18 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jordan From Cali.
  • Topic Starter
    Jordan From Cali

Anyone from California had any change of status as of late with the generic 3 month hold? I have been sitting in this hold since January 24th, it’s absurd to wait this long for processing, I was hoping for a change around 2/15 but still in this hold. I have no EIC, my only concern for a delay is that I moved to California last year around this time to start my job that I have now but still being a new resident should not be a caused for a 3 month hold on State. I receive my Federal 2/1

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Jordan From Cali

I just got off the phone with someone from the California Tax after trying for days to reach them with very long wait times, I was told that there is nothing wrong with my State Tax Refund, the reason for the delay is that it has to be verified with other agencies with IRS being one of them, once all is verified refund will be released and that it can take up to 12 weeks to process but a lot of times the process is a lot shorter, in my case it’s now been 5 1/2 weeks ,t’s still absurd, with the power of technology in today world, verifying should be a lot quicker. Also, I ask if me being a new resident of the state as of February 2016 have anything to do with it and agent says no, we just have to verify with other agencies… I hope it gets done this week.

Jordan From Cali

@Moni wow you so lucky not had to wait so long like some of us, the website still saying 3 months to process and I just got off the phone with my bank and nothing is pending to come into my account. I’ve been trying to call the California Tax Office for days but everytime, very long wait hold but now as of right now, only a hour wait time but chose to have them call me back to keep my place in line. I am going to get to the bottom of this now to figure out why it’s taking so long for me to get mine with no EIC or taxes owed.

Jordan From Cali

@victorfromcali Wait you didn’t call the California Tax Office but instead check the site and it says you were approved? How did you find out you were approved? I just check the site again and still no change, still says waiting 3 months for processing. I have been trying to call them for days but always a long wait time. Right now the wait time is 1 hour and I have it set up for them to call me back while keeping my place in line, I am going to get to the bottom of this now, tired of waiting with no explanation as to why.

Moni

I file on 2/9 accepted on 2/9 and have the 2 month message.

I checked my bank account this morning and I show a deposit pending for 3/1.

Check you accounts. They have not updated my status on the system but have released the funds to my bank

Victor from Cali

@jordanfromcali I don’t know if the refund gods were reading this, but after I decided to voice my distaste about the processing time yesterday everything got approved. I did not call either. I do hope the same happens for you very soon. So, to summarize for anyone else researching this: 1/23 both state and fed return accepted. Federal refund received 9 days later, and state FINALLY approved the refund today, 2/28 with an expected refund delivery of basically a few days with direct deposit. I did not claim either of the credits that required extra processing time. I hope you all receive your refunds very soon as well.

Jordan From Cali

@victorfromcali As of right now mine still says 3 months, one month has already passed since getting that message since 1/24 with no update. I’m calling them now but its a 3 hour hold. Like you mine is not a big amount with no EIC to caused it to be delay and my fellow coworkers already received both their state and federal. I personally only received my Federal.

Victor from Cali

Interestingly it just updated, except now it says a 2 month wait for the processing : /

Victor from Cali

My California return was accepted 1/23 and I’m STILL waiting for that 3 month message to change. I received my Federal refund 9 days after filing on 1/23. I didn’t claim either of the credits that required more processing time, and the refund itself is not huge enough where it would fit into a budget concern. This is getting frustrating to say the least…

Jordan From Cali

Any updates from anyone from Cali ?

Jordan From Cali

I see I am not the only one waiting.

Mamadelo

I’ve had the three month message since January 30th. Filed & accepted 1/27

Jordan From Cali

@stillflippinbroke WOW!!! well if I don’t noticed a change first thing Tuesday morning then I will call to see what is going on in my case.

StillFlippinBroke
                                  @wait4ever

I filed on 1/21/17 accepted on 1/23/17, I claimed all of the taboo credits this year, HOH, EIC, ACTC that caused the path message and delays. On 2/18/17 message changed to approved with ddd of 2/23/17. Checked the state and it changed from 3 month delay to approved. Dont know what happened or if it was just a coincidence they both changed on the same day.

Jordan From Cali

@stillflippinbroke when did you file and get approved for both? I filed both on 1/23, got accepted for federal on 1/24 and got accepted for State on 1/26, received federal in my bank account on 2/1 meanwhile as of today still getting the message of a 3 month hold on State and I don’t owe any taxes or claim any EIC which I don’t understand why I am on hold to receive my State. I have a few friends and coworkers who have already received their State with any delay. It seems I am going to have to call first thing on Tuesday to find out what is truly going on in my case, especially with no EIC or without owing anything to the IRS.

Jordan From Cali

@Chris WOW!!! you are in the same boat but backwards, while you got your State before Federal, I got my Federal before State. I see I am going to have to make a call to find out why is my State on hold, especially since I don’t owe any taxes or claim any EIC

MinaChan

I’m also from CA and have the additional 3 months processing message. I talked to someone from FTB and she informed me that it will take about a month and that’s just a generic message. That’s pretty much all the info she gave me. In the past years my state refund has never took this long.

chris

i got my California refund like 1 week after filing, even with the EIC credits, but have had no update on my federal, which I think is weird, how can California be so quick and the feds take so long to process

filed 1/24

StillFlippinBroke
                                            @wait4ever

Yea i had that message. I had the path act on my federal and the 3 month message on my state. When my federal was approved so was my state at the same time. I dont know how it works exactly but that is what happened to me.

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.