Beware 1040.com math!

Home Forums Archives Tax Preparers Where did you file? Others… Beware 1040.com math!

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by taxonomy.
  • Topic Starter
    taxonomy

Been wondering where my refund is so went back through forms for anything strange. Found a doubling of my gross income on a form. In the interview section (just checked it, still there) I entered by gross income for form 8829 – expenses for business use of home. I took zero deductions this year for a fatter AGI, so I hope this doesn’t matter, but the Drake Software (1040 dot com) DOUBLED my gross income on this form. I’m only hoping that because the number “doesn’t matter” (didn’t write off home office) it won’t delay.
      If I 1040x it will be 12-16 weeks.
      So ‘m thinking the best bet is hope for the best (haha) and fix it under review if needed? Might get it faster.

Please do not count your chickens – I did for the first time ever and this is going to be a hard few months!

• The forum ‘Where did you file? Others…’ is closed to new topics and replies.