Bart's Thoughts

• Creator
    Topic

Michele
    Keymaster

BartD is back for another year of answering questions.

Viewing 200 replies - 1,201 through 1,400 (of 1,419 total)
  • Author
    Replies

MiMi
    Participant

Hello Bart! My husband & I filed Married filing jointly, his name first, and I just realized that the bank account is in his name only. Will that make a difference?
    Thanks!

JD

1/22 filed
    1/22 accepted
    Still no transcripts and no bars.

I guess the answer is… Wait longer lol. Budget cuts are really killing the IRS.

aggravated

Thanks so Bart just gonna wait it out. ugh…. lol

BartD
    Participant

Aggervated this has been an ongoing issue with a lot of people.. I would wait and see what Tuesday morning shows… I know it stinks waiting but you have to transcriots don’t uodate a hole lot over the weeken so Tuesday morning will shed light.. If not please post then and let me know

Casey.t yes that will delay it some. Last name changing and filing not married will defenatly slow it down a little or even put u in the if verify group… Keep check transcripts and see what they say!!

Casey.T

My Federal return was accepted on 1/24. Only 1 bar on WMR. I recently got married, so name change and what not. I tried viewing my transcript from this year and there is nothing. I filed HOH (My husband and I were not living together the last few mo. of the year)
    So, My question is, is my wait prolonged due to my name being changed or does that even matter?

Lowslam32
    Participant

Thanks Bart patiently waiting

aggravated

BART,
    I FILED 01/27/2015 WAS ACCEPTED AND STILL WITH ONE BAR ON THE WMR. CHECKED MY TRANSCRIPTS AND THEY SAY ZERO STATING NO RETURN FILED BUT HAS A PROCESS DATE OF 02/16/2015. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT’S GOING ON AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDRESSED THIS RECENTLY IN A PREVIOUS POST BUT I MISSED IT. DO I HAVE SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT?

BartD
    Participant

Then you are just not done processing… Wait at least till Tuesday morning and let me know if you see something by then

Lowslam32
    Participant

Bart I’m sure you have answered already but what are your thoughts on the 1-20ers that still have one bar and account transcripts are blank.?

BartD
    Participant

No you should not worry yet

Kerry

Bart
    I meant my federal.but my state is still processing should I worry.My state got accepted the 26

BartD
    Participant

Kerry irs has nothing to do with state return processing

Kerry

Bart
    My state was accepted jan 23 still processing should I call irs

BartD
    Participant

It’s not showing I meant..

BartD
    Participant

Missy…. I miss read your sorry… The answer is you should be accepted and see it online within 72 hours.. If you can’t see it then you defiantly need to contact hr block or irs to see why it’s showing..

Missy

Bart

You said wait 12 days due to backlog but isn’t the IRS supposed to accept or reject in 24-48 hours? Why are others that filed same day and days after being accepted? It’s been 5 days and I have no idea where my return is. Filed HRB online the 28th..all I can see is efile transmitted. IRS shows no information for me. Just don’t understand have had no changes this year and always accepted in a couple of hours. Don’t understand why HRB can’t resend the return. Can’t reach a live person at the IRS..wouldn’t be that worried if it at least showed the IRS received my return.

BartD
    Participant

Boutme04…. Yes transcriots as they are would be available at least the account transcript would be..

boutme0465
    Participant

If I am under review can I pull my return? Or will it only be available after the review is complete? I only ask cause I can pull both my return and account transcripts and I am under review.

BartD
    Participant

Ts this is common this year the returns are processing slower and are delayed and just because ur locked online u can still order them on the phone if you are able to order both then you might have a freeze or another issue if not then you are just not done processing

Bill they have 15 days to respond from letter issued by irs to prove offset :/ now that paper mail so at 7 each way so if they don’t respond right away it could take up to 30 days

ts

Hi Bart I filed Jan 18 received Jan 20 . I was on one bar until yesterday morning.I have no code anymore and my bars are gone .I am getting the message saying my return is still being processed and I will get a date when available and im locked out of my transcripts due to identity issues last year.

Bill

Bart,

Not to bug you again thank you for all your info. Is their a certain time frame the agency has to submit the offset. Like I said everyone I talked to said that the offset hotline told them it was being pulled out on their deposit date. Could it be possibly I was missed this year?

BartD
    Participant

Boutme. 846 is the amount you will get around the 4th -16th the latest but the rest you will have to prove

boutme0465
    Participant

Hello I looked on where’s my refund and said I am under review and I will receive a letter. So I pulled up my transcripts and codes follow
    424 -Examination of tax return 1-29-2015
    810- Refund freeze 2-16-2015 0.00
    811 Refund released 2-16-2015 -0.00
    971 Notice issued 2-16-2015 -0.00
    *****846 Refund issued 2-16-2015 than the amount of my federal withholding only
    my child credit and additional credit isn’t applied
    can you tell me if the 846 is the amount I may get deposit on 2-4-2015 that was my refund date. Please help

BartD
    Participant

Nebraskawoman. Your just not done processing.. Why I couldn’t tell you but u have to wait till your transcripts pop up

Vic sounds like a glitch recheck your transcripts and make sure refund will be issued and doesn’t have a 570 code

NebraskaWoman

Hey Bart, I filed 1/20 accepted 1/20 no movement can’t access transcripts.. My previous cycle dates was 0603.. If this is true when should I expect a ddd?

Vic

Hey Bart got a ddd or 2-4 Friday I went to show my wife and now is say reference code 9001 and that it take 4 weeks to process mailed refunds but we e-filed also called irs was told the 21 day thing any thoughts?

BartD
    Participant

sorry for the delay in answering.. the computer i was using would not let me on the site… if i missed some please just repost…

DTowles yes it should update you have no freeze so u should be fine… i would think sunday/monday if not mid next week

Frustrated in 2015 delay in return due to offset yes…. also your just not done processing… wait till u see the transcripts

Elle 896 is for an offset that could even include the health care tax pent. no 570 = no freeze so be a little more patient until it updates a little more…

blessed one unfortunately it seems that they are verifying something… my guess is fed income tax from wages if nothing changed…

pugtor that happens a lot and its annoying… sometimes if you shorten the street , road , drive ect it will not allow it… also if you changed address… as for 2014 transcripts your just no done processing thats why you cant see them

Bill its saying could be because they are verifying that the offset is still owed if they cant verify it then they will give the full amount….

Missy they are just backlogged you just filed u must give it at least 12 days

chasity it means that its delayed…. y i couldnt tell you… was it flagged… was there a simple error that stopped it from being processed and it has to be fixed… give it 2-3 days if it doesnt change let me know

rcooley13 you need to call if you dont your return will be delayed and some will get a DDD and some wont

Kerry no note yet. :)

DTowles

To Bart
    @Bart
    I filled and was accepted on 1/26. I knew I had an offset from 2012. I filled my 2012 taxes right before I filed my 2013 by the hair on my chinny chin I was able to get a refund because it was also my 1st year filing married jointly.. I had gotten married in 2013. I knew that this year they would offset our taxes which is fine. As of yesterday my bars dissapeared and all I see is your refund is being proccessed.. On my account transcript for 2014 I see the cycle 20150404 but when I go into my 2012 transcript I see Code 790 Cycle 20150405 I see that they have cleared up the account with they amount from my refund from this year but No DD date or updates on the 2014 Transcripts or WMR… Could an update be coming soon and do you think I will receive the balance soon??? I have the date of 2-16-2015 all over but I figure thats just the 21 day limit after I originally filed! Any answers would be gratefully appreciated!

Frustrated in 2015

@Bart. I checked this morning and my bars on wmr and tax topic 152 are no longer there but I did get the message that my tax return has been received and a DD date will be given when available. MY transcripts for 2014 are all NA besides the wage transcript which says no record of return filed. I submitted on 1/7 was accepted 1/12 and have been waiting. I know I have an offset. Is it possible my return was flagged for review or am I close to a DDD. I’ve seen both possibilities on previous posts.

Elle

Bart: no update over night, but I’m holding out for Monday. My question is: I currently have TC896 but not the dreaded TC570. Do you think it’s highly likely they’ll add that code before issuing refund or would it have already appeared by now since my 2014 transcripts have 896? Just worried I’ll see more delay before progress. :(

Meredith
    Participant

@Bart Thanks so much for the info. My transcripts were available yesterday around 1pm, this morning WMR had updated to approved with a DD of 02/04. So, it looks like I skated past that tax obligation for 2013, but they of course got 75% of my refund for the 2012, but I’m glad to have that just over $3,000 IRS debt behind me! I’m so thankful to God that everything seemed to be timed right, because we needed that refund and I’d rather just call and set up a payment plan for 2012!

pugtor
    Participant

@blessed one: Does it tell her that in WMR or in the transcripts? I’m assuming she at least has transcripts since her return was obviously processed. I don’t even know if ours was yet.

blessed one

@Bart Hi Bart my daughter viewed her transcript last night and said code 20150405 so she was happy and excited then this morning it
    said in review we are just shocked her return is exact the same as last year now it saying in review , and with get letter getting instructions

macygray

RTBartonie,
    I too have the schedule C. Last digits on codes from last 3 yeas are 05. Last year I had 0605. Looks like people getting approved right now are 0405. Just speculating here, but perhaps the schedule C DOES slow it down. Hopefully we’ll be in the next few batches. I don’t know

pugtor
    Participant

@s4sh: Yea, it’s kinda funny how broken their system is. I ordered them via mail for 2013 (said neither 2014 were available) no problem, but yet that same information doesn’t work for the online registration. I supposed I SHOULD be able to get an idea (while waiting for a letter maybe!?) on the progress of the return when I can order the 2014 ‘scripts via mail at least, right?

Rtbartonie

Ok I went backed and looked I have codes 901,702,601 the past three years always on a Friday always towards the end of the opening batches… So if it’s acorrelation I would say it’s there. Could be wrong but that is three years in a row I’m also schedule c so I know it’s a few extra steps to make sure your numbers add up which is why it’s always been later..

s4sh

@pugtor: Darn. Was hoping it was something easy like what happened to me. They dropped off the “Ave” from my street address this year, began processing and had me thrown for a loop until I realized it. Have you tried calling the IRS about your transcripts to see if your 2014 is available? I know some folks have had luck with that & apparently luck with IRS agents giving them status updates.

pugtor
    Participant

@s4sh Nope, it looks the exact same. :( Filing status is the same and all, the only differences (outside of income ofc) is that now there is 3 children (last year was 2), and this year has Obamacare.

s4sh

@pugtor: Can you look on your tax return filed this year to see if your address matches up identically with how it’s printed for previous years? If there is a variation this year and they’ve began processing your return, it could be the reason.

macygray

RTBartonie,
    I agree-I’m more than happy to wait a week or so. Just don’t want to get a letter!

Rtbartonie

@macygray I certainly hope so I know the last couple of years I’ve had 701601 so hopefully that has to do with it if it is I can live with that it may be another week or two but if not I might start freaking out… I know you have to budget but too many emergencies can really drain your savings etc…. We needed that money last week….

pugtor
    Participant

Hey Bart, I know most likely anything can throw a flag, but here’s my situation.

I normally always file via TT, but I filed with JH this year since they were ready on the 20th while TT wasn’t ready until the 22nd. Either way, I filed on the 20th, Accepted on the 21st and no movement since. Still just says processing… 21 days. Transcripts doesn’t even let me register since it says it can’t verify me (doesn’t say to call) BUT if I try ordering my transcripts for 2014 by mail it says neither are found, just 2013.

Funnily enough, on the transcript side of things, I pulled up my 2013 return and made sure I entered the exact First/Last/Address as it shows on that, yet it still says it can’t verify me. It doesn’t even get to any of the credit check questions.

Any ideas what could be holding things up?

macygray

RBartone, I hope you’re right! I was 0605 last year

Bill

Bart,

Would the offset hotline say my refund was getting offset on my deposit date ? It just keeps saying it could be offset. And wmr shows topicn203 but my orginal refund amount is still there

Missy

HRB still shows me pending filed 1/28..talked to customer service she said she shows IRS got it but on hold for tax season delay? She didn’t understand.. WTF does this mean..transferred me to the escalation dept. and they are closed..bout to lose my mind! Should I refile somewhere else..please help!?

ugh

At this rate it seems like people who file tomorrow will get their money before I do… >:(

rtbartonie
    Participant

No progress for me either but I’m think I’m ok given the fact that if we follow this cycle thing I’m not due to process until next week….. The waiting is killing me!!! But I think I’ll be okay as long as I have my money by the 10th which is the full damn 21 days-___-…..

NotAgainTn
    Participant

Woke up this morning again to no progress for me. Filed the 19th through TT accepted the 20th. Still no transcripts and one bar. If I don’t see action by Monday I’m going to lose it!

chasity

Bart,

I was accepted and can see all of my transcripts, including cycle date for Wednesday. However I had a very small offset from 2006. That’s shows it was transferred then notice issued. No 846. WMR updated overnight to refund delayed. Any ideas?

Kerry

Bart
    got accepted on the 23 for federal and 26 for state and still no update should i be worried

BartD
    Participant

budahfly AS of now it says 570 which is a freeze of 0 dollars but no refund was issues as of yet…which is strange… I would call the irs cause you have no notice sent and shows the credits to your account doesn’t show that you had an offset… It just might be a error.. Or they want something from you before they give you the money… So to answer if you woke up this morning and don’t have a ddd of the 4th then probably the answer is no you won’t get the money before the 4th

budahfly

Hey Bart…hoping u can give me some insight. I filed 1/16 accepted 1/20 only 1 bar on wmr. Today (1/30) I was finally able to view my transcripts and found these codes and amounts…
    Cycle. 20150405
    TC 150 $0.00
    TC 806 $-47
    TC 766 $-1000
    TC 768 $-3305
    TC 570. $0.00

It does not show 971, and does not say refund issued. Im really hoping to get my refund by Wednesday 2^4…any chance?

Tyra

@Bart Thanks, that actually makes a lot of sense!!!

BartD
    Participant

Scareaboutmyrefund

In shore 424 means your being audited.. They most likely want proof that you are taking care of those kids. They will want school records medical bills if any and so on. This either could have been a random audit to make sure what your claiming all this time isn’t fraud or someone else tried to claim them. Assuming your daughter really didn’t claim them it’s random.. The horrible part is don’t expect that money anytime soon… This will take months and months to fight and prove.. I am really sorry for the bad news :(

BartD
    Participant

Tyra It’s rare but happens where they system can’t verify routing number due to glitch and automatically mails a check… That’s saying that wmr is correct lol sometimes that’s just a glitch as well…

Jerome the answer is…. It will update tonight or Sunday with the ddd

Tyra

Hey Bart,

I filed on January 21st was accepted the same day, on the 26 or 27 my transcripts showed code 846 with 20150402 cycle I know when u filed I selected direct deposit but on the 28th WMR stated I was getting a check mailed out Feb 3rd was something wrong with my refund I know I triple checked my account info why would this happen I have been trying to check different forums & it doesn’t seem like it happened to anyone else

I filed on 1/27 was able to view all my transcripts today but it looks like they took my eic and child tax credit. I don’t know why I have been filing my grandkids since birth their mother my daughter does not work, and she knows I file them because I take care of them. They live with me as does my daughter. Here are codes on my transcript 424, 810, 811, 971. But the amount showing getting deposited is my $626 from my w2. Help

Jerome

Bart,

I’m sure you’ve answered this a few hundred times, but I am able to view all my transcripts as of this a.m with a 20150405 and an 846 with the correct amount. My WMR has no bars and no amount, but I’ve seen others say they’ve received money with the same codes and WMR issues. Should I be expecting a DD soon?

Thanks!

BartD
    Participant

jD. No transcrits yet either? If not then you are just simply not done processing…

JD

Hey Bart,

Update on my situation.

Filed 1/22
    Accepted 1/22
    WMR Showed accepted
    Today WMR no bars and refund amount gone

Still no transcripts

BartD
    Participant

Thank you all for the support

Florida 570 freeze won’t be lifted until the freeze error is fixed typically as long as it’s not a audit id verify or wage verification it’s around 4 days…. The 2/16 date is the projected release date for refund “projected” being the case hence why some get it earlier and some will get it a week later

msg Online ones are 1-2 days slower SOMETIMES than being able to order them wait till this weeken is over

rtbartonie
    Participant

@ Bart thanks so much!! I’m not sure why but every year for some strange reason I always get mine towards the end but It’s so nerve wrecking every year

Florida

@batman

The irs agent you spoke with failed to give you the most important piece of information, which is if you have nothing nice to say, just keep your mouth shut. That was plain rude.

Question:

Does the date beside code 896 & 570 represent the date that it will be released, or is it typically four days?

Both mine are showing 2/16/15,

Accepted 1/20
    20150402, (that was last monday right? Most ppl w my cycle date had ddd 1/30)

msg

Hello everyone and Bart, I was able this morning to order my 2014 tax transcripts but not see the online ones I have not changed address in the past 4 years and have filed single but still not able to do anything. I filed on the 24th and got accepted the same day. HHELLLPPPPP!!!

Giovanni

@batman Bart is right. I had just about all of my refund taken back by the IRS about 5 yrs ago due to underpaying and while it didn’t delay it months, it did delay it by about 4 days….but then, they got away with giving me pennies compaered to the thousands I should have had coming if not for a major error by a temp agency (and my stupidity for not catching it, but I couldnt because I never saw a check stub….) ah the joys of on line living

BartD
    Participant

s4sh yes thank you…. it can delay most cases very small time… like if you owe the irs but if you owe the county or child support can take a lot longer….

s4sh

@batman: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but offsets DO typically delay refunds. I had an offset last year and it delayed my refund by 3 weeks. Others that I know have been delayed as well due to offsets. I guess that it could depend on what the offset was for, but I’m not sure that matters.

In any case, offsets CAN delay your refund. It happened to me last year.

BartD
    Participant

sparkle ignore the cycles and dont panic yet keep checking… your return isnt complete untill u see both account and return transcripts…. and they are filled out…

rtbartonie if everything is the same then u have no issues u just have to wait a little longer… i would say that u should have an update real soon… your just not done processing

sparkle
    Participant

Bart, my account transcript last year showed 20130701 the year before that was 20120503. Can you shed some light on this. Still sitting at no bars, with 0.00 on account transcript, with no return filed and February 16, 2015 date. It also has Head of Household on there as well. Thanks in advance. You have been super helpful.

rtbartonie
    Participant

@Bart
    I filed and was accepted the 20 within minutes. Never any offsets bills paid up as far as student loans go. No tax debt etc. same tax situation I can only order my account transcripts. I notice in past cycles in prior years my return is always later in the batches. I have one bar since 10 am on the 20th. Tax topic 152. Should I just hang out knowing when I’ve gotten my return in years past? Or panic ? Thanks so much

ecaniff22
    Participant

I was just able now to order my return transcript as well as my account transcript…

scgirlwaiting

My transcripts JUST updated! Go check ’em out, guys!! :)

BartD
    Participant

Bill yes and no sometimes its caught at the very end but in most cases ur good to go!!!

batman how often is the IRS agent right… and if i am wrong then how come u don’t have a DDD yet…. its delays it 2-3 days like i said before. it doesn’t delay it months…. and keep saying the 12th that means nothing 20th is when the clock starts ticking… even if you are a test batch… Also if you don’t like my advice or answers then go to another page… i have help 100’s of people on here for free… you act like i can pull up everyone’s files and give them exact answers… am i wrong sometimes yes of course i just know the process and how it works… enough said

aya it means you’re in final stages to being complete….. and ordering them online can be tricky including if you abbreviated the address on the return… it has to be exact…

filer2014 its just not done yet relax 1-2 days and it all should come up… the 16 is a little far next Friday i am thinking….

batman

I don’t think this “bart” guy knows what he’s talking about. He said that offsets will delay a return, but I just spoke with the IRS and saw on their website that offsets will NOT delay a return in anyway. They take out what you owe, and you get your money on time as planned. I was accepted the 12th. Still no transcripts or DDD.

aya

Hi Bart
    A couple of days ago when I tried to view my transcripts~ I just got the theirs a problem with your identity and to call. I called when that happened and the IRS said their were no problems with my return and it would be done in 2 days and I could order them then . Now when I try to view them online it says my info doesn’t match the return and just keeps locking me out, however, I was able to order the account transcripts by mail and not the return ones.. Does that mean my return is complete?

irs_limbo

@Bart thank you for answering my question!

filer2014

@bart
    Just saw my 2014 account transcrip today(not available till this morning).it has a feb 16th date but everything else is blank. Also it still shows on my address for last year. Do you know whats up?

Bill

Bart. wouldn’t it of showed on my tax transcript though? Other have said that they did not get the 846 refund code that my refund was issued. It has the correct amount I was suppose to get back. Could they of maybe not put it in enough time

BartD
    Participant

zeekmama in some cases yes in most cases no tuesday would be the day

zeekmama
    Participant

Hey! Do you know if you have an DDD for 2/3 will SBBT receive the money today to take out fees?

BartD
    Participant

elligirl90210 your welcome and anytime u need to ask i am here

sam yes WMR is still about 80 percent accurate….. so in some cases it never updates it and you get the money before… or it goes from 1 bar to 3 or no bars to 3 …..maybe one day WMR will give exact progress into a return.. like ur refund is being checked for errors… errors have been found… and so on… they want people to stop calling then provided better accurate info on the web… that is my opinion

Bill

wouldn’t it of showed on my tax transcript though? Other have said that they did not get the 846 refund code that my refund was issued. It has the correct amount I was suppose to get back. Could they of maybe not put it in enough time ?

BartD
    Participant

Bill either the offset was not reported correctly or it was not caught… if not caught then….. take it and run next year it will be…. i have seen in some cases though right before u get the refund its delayed and the DDD passes and WMR updates saying that your refund has been applied to past debt…

sam

I never received a DD last year. Is it possible I could get a refund before even getting a date again or progress on the WMR site

elligirl90210
    Participant

@bart
    Thank you for your helpful info to all of us in question. You are a great piece of mind. I’m almost afraid to ask how you know so much info lol. I’m new this year so I can see you have been here past years.

Bill

It was for overpaid unemployment issurance through IL Bart

BartD
    Participant

Elle yes my guess over the weekend it will be updated

elligirl90210 it means your almost done and you will have an update soon….

BartD
    Participant

Bill it depends on the offset can you give me a little bit more info

sam irs can actually delay that 4 days…… and you will get a DD tomorrow or over the weeken… if you look at thew transcript the 846 code isnt todays date its a future date.. they have 4 days from that date technically….

elligirl90210
    Participant

@Bart
    So I woke up this morning able to view my acct transcript . It says feb 16th but the rest is blank. My wmr has never changed still one bar still same amount tax topic 152. I believe this just means I am processing?

Elle
    Participant

Bart: I had an update last night to my 2011 script. That’s the year of the tax debt. Refund has been applied, notice sent that the debt has been paid. I’m hoping for a refund release code over the weekend. Technically the IRS is still in the 2/16 time frame. At least the debt has been paid :) Hopefuuly I’ll have a DDD by Monday.

sam

Hi Bart,
    Able to view transcripts , still one bar on wmr… my transcript code is 20150405 and the 846 is present. I have no offsets. Now I know that means the refund is being issued and irs has 4 days to release funds, correct?
    My question is… does it always take 4 days? Or can the funds be released sooner?
    Thanks for your time.

Bill

Bart,

Quick question. Got my account transcript this morning with a Refund code of 846 with the correct amount. I do have a offset, do you feel if I had a offset it would show that on the transcript and the refund not issued? Do you think that I will not have the offset this year but maybe next?

Thanks,

Bill

BartD
    Participant

ecaniff22 yes that is a good thing…. wmr to account transcript update is usally 2-3 days apart form the other…

BartD
    Participant

rcooley13 ordering transcripts means that the return is completed in processing…

vanessa i would say wait till Monday then we will go front there

Liv yes its normal it means that its not done processing

Jazzerella and Elle offsets will delay the refund a few days… you really should have an update this weekend….. and that is correct only if you are billed by the irs is when you owe the money… and if you do u will see taken on your account transcript…. i would keep checking ur transcript they do update a 5 pm est and then at night…

Meredith that’s a really good question… yes it will delay your refund and if you had till the 28th they allow up to 5 days for mail time…. if your return is actually processed before the 5 days is up then yes you will get the remainder if its not completed processing then no you will not get the remainder…

Giovanni no it has nothing to go with state return its just your not done… i would expect you to have an update by Monday…

Giantsfan yes that can cause a slight delay….. and congrats on the baby……

Betsy yes it can be mailed any day by the 3rd… they are printed and sent in no order….

irs_limbo no you should not be worried processing isn’t in a specific order and some just take longer… relax and hang in there

ecaniff22
    Participant

Hi Bart, I cant view my transcripts online and i am still at one bar but i was able to order my account transcript this morning by mail. Is that a good thing? Does it mean that I should be getting my refund soon?

rcooley13
    Participant

Bart, what does it mean when people get this when trying to access their transcript?

We cannot process your transcript request. Please contact the Identity Protection Specialized Unit (IPSU) at 800-908-4490.

I got this last year as well when trying to access my transcript. I didn’t have a delay in my refund.

Also, what are the chances that those who filed and were accepted on 1/28 will get a DDD next week if they don’t have any hiccups?

Thanks!

vanessa

@bartd still nothing….it’s been exactly a week since I filed now & just 1 bar still…..wth is taking so long???

Liv

Hey Bart, sorry to bother you again. I finally was able to access my transcripts. All areas are blank and say n/a except wage and income transcripts. Is this normal?
    I never looked at transcripts before.

Thanks!

Elle
    Participant

Oh, wow, @jazzerella. I can’t believe they gave you a date/time frame. IRS rep I spoke to told me not to worry and the IRS wouldn’t keep money that was due to me and the system needs to update. Even though WMR says the $$ was applied to my past due tax obligation, when I called today the rep could still see my debt. A DDD on WMR would be great. Or at least an update on my transcript.

Jazzerella

Hi Bart, I am in a similar situation as Elle. I lost my WMR tracker Wednesday morning. When I called the IRS, they confirmed that I had a tax offset. I was in the cycle code 20150402, so I am assuming that I would have gotten my refund tomorrow if it wasn’t for the offset. My refund was accepted by the IRS on January 20. On my account transcript, I have no unusual codes nor do I have the 846. The last code listed is for the child tax. I would like to know about how long it will take for the IRS to refund me the remainder of my money. The IRS agent I spoke to says i will receive it the first week of march. Does it REALLY take that long?

Meredith
    Participant

Bart

Hoping you can give me some insight. I filed on the 26th, return accepted about an hour later. No updates or transcripts. I know I will have an offset from where I messed up my 2012 taxes, which will take the majority of my refund. My first question is…will that cause a delay and if so, how long?

I also forgot something on my 2013 taxes and received a CP2000 a week before I filed saying I had until yesterday (the 28th) to respond, but of course I couldn’t get the paper to them in time. I talked to the IRS and the lady said to just sign it and send it on in, that she couldn’t accept my acceptance of the mistake over the phone. On the CP2000 it said if they don’t receive my response by the 28th, they would issue a notice of deficiency. My question with this is, will this situation cause them to place a hold on the remaining amount of my refund? And will the notice of deficiency be enough for them to just take the remainder and apply it to my 2013? The lady at the IRS said they can’t offset unless there is am actual bill and the irs website states neither the CP2000 or the notice of deficiency is considered a bill, but I’m not sure how reliable she was, so I’d appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks so much!!

Giovanni

this morning I was sure I wasnt the only one with one bar, no T’s for 2014 and no action since being acepted 1/20. Now I’m starting to think I AM the only one left.

LONG SHOT HERE…because I know one doesnt have to do with the other, but could the hold up be because ILLINOIS is not taking state returns yet? Is the IRS saying, let’s just string him along since he lives in a crooked state??? Running out of hope….

s4sh

@missy: H&R Block states that is can take 24-48 hours for the IRS to accept you return. It took mine 36 hours. Don’t worry yet.

Missy

I filed yesterday afternoon 1/28 and still have not been accepted by Federal or State.. HRB says it was sent status pending..this has never happened before always accepted in a few hours..nothing new this year and I have health insurance through employer..starting to stress..any ideas? Seeing everyone else getting accepted really quick.

Giantsfan

Bart, I filed and was accepted on 1/20. No movement just the bar and processing topic 152. I had a baby last year in July, would this cause a delay?

Betsy

hello Bart…..
    Do you have any thoughts on how long paper checks ACTUALLY take to process and mail? I have a “check will be mailed by February 3rd” message on my WMR, but in the past when I received direct deposit refunds, they were a day or two earlier than the “by” date. Is this true with paper checks as well?
    Also, am I the only one who feels ancient when they see “paper check” and remembers when checks were ALWAYS paper….

irs_limbo

Hi. I filed on 1/25 and was accepted that evening. My transcripts are not available and the WMR bar is still on first. No movement or changes. I wouldn’t be so unnerved if I didn’t see so many others from 1/24 and 1/26 and after getting their DDD’s. Should I be worried?

BartD
    Participant

NotAgainTn you should get an update soon… i dont think there should be any glitches this year.. just slower processing

MsCartier i dont know exactly it might be the fee they also might be talking about the heath care tax deduction pent fees…

Danielle she is correct if you are still getting an error i would keep contacting them… they just might be down on on their end

frustrated dont follow cycles and yes u should see an update over the weeken or monday morning as long as there is no problems with u return

Hel[p i am sorry for all your troubles. the answer is yes the pin does help.. will your refund be delayed… yes due to they are going to look very closely to make sure u are you… how long of a delay is the question… keep trying to get your transcripts… if you see a freeze code 570 then you know…… if you dont see one then you will be good to go an will get a dd sooner than later

NotAgainTn
    Participant

@bartd: Accepted by IRS on 01/20/15. Since then I have been stuck on one bar with no progression. I’ve had no changes in my info whatsoever. I don’t know how accurate the cycle codes ( I don’t even understand the cycle codes) are but for the past two years, mine has been 20140601 (I was part of the 1121 fiasco) and 20130804 ( I was part of the education credit fiasco) After the past two stressful tax seasons I just want one without any glitches! Any ideas when you think I should be able to see my transcripts and get a DDD?

Thanks in advance!

MsCartier

Question??? I have a DDD of 1/30 and I used TT. I paid 34.99 by credit card to TT. Is that the fee everyone is talking about? I have DD going to Fifth Third Bank. Will my refund still go thru SBBT? Thanks

Danielle

so would JTH be same as like SBBT AND RB?hello Bart!! Was wondering if you are familiar with JTH financial? I have a ddd of 1/30 as well and filed through Liberty Tax and wasn’t sure if they used SBBT or RB so I tried to check on both sites. Well it wouldn’t let me log in on either site, kept saying no info found on one and login failed on other. So I called Liberty Tax office this morn and she informed me that they use to go through RB but now use JTH finanxial for feesg

frustrated

@bartd: Accepted by IRS on 01/21/2015. No updates since. No transcripts. No weird tax codes. I don’t know how accurate the cycle codes are but for the past two years, mine has been 20141203 (because I filed late) and 20130603. Any ideas when I should be able to see my transcripts and get a DDD?

Thanks in advance!

Hel[p

@bartd Long Story!
    2 years ago I had a fraudulent return filed in my name. Big mess. I had to send in a paper return which I still haven’t gotten any info about. Last year I did not receive any money until May. In January I got a letter in the mail from the IRS ssaying I owed money from the fraud return. I went to the IRS office and got everything squared away. I filed this year on the 19th. I was accepted on the 20th and 2 days later my bar’s disappeared. I have no transcripts and no amount on WMR! Am I going to wait until May again this year? Does a missing amount definitely mean that the amount will change? I added a pin this year so does that make it go faster? Should I not count on a fast resolution? I still have TT 152. Is that good? Thank You in advance for answering. .

BartD
    Participant

straysoul ur never clear till u get the money but the chances are good that u will get it

BartD
    Participant

vanessa yes moving can delay ur refund, yes there are stages first stage checks basic info (returned accepted) then it goes to more stages checks incomes then credits. after that math errors. then goes to final checks and then post to master file (refund date), if their is an error or its flagged then return is stopped has to be manually fixed and the stage 2 starts all over,

straysoul

@bartd with an 846 code I am in the clear for now right? I plan to amend it asap

BartD
    Participant

filer2014 all of these thing will slow a return yes if the education credit is removed they will give the rest to you. but its slows it down

vanessa

Are there stages to processing? How does it work? Thanks for your help.

vanessa

Actually. I forgot to say that I did change adress as well. I moved from Florida to california… Don’t know if that makes a difference since ive always lived in florida.

BartD
    Participant

Kg exactly how its sounds be patient

sparkle 21 days from the 20th and just be patient you will here something soon regardless

vanessa no transcripts means not processed yet…. please wait till thy appear

JD yes it is to soon to tell if their is a problem. u have to wait atleast another week

Florida yes there Is a slight delay with the health care.. some have to be manually entered

Liv very normal. there is noting to worry about yet…. yo should see a change soon

straysoul all mistakes arnt caught but eventually will get caught

batman yes offsets will delay a return and processing is slower this year because of budget cuts and smaller staff

filer2014

Hello Bart,

I filed using TT ,accepted on 16th. I had education credits on my refund.I also had a substantial refund amount not counting the education credits.
    If IRS decides not to grant the credits will I recieve remaining(non education credit) refund on time. Its been 2 weeks almost. No 2014 transcripts accept for Wage and Income thats blank. Also I moved address so I filed with a new address on my 1040.

sparkle
    Participant

Bart., I am getting scared. I have called twice and to no avail. The ladies were not helpful. TAlked about the 21 days. Now is that 21 days from when I filed, which was the 13th, or 21 days from the 20th? I’m just wondering if something is wrong, but I didn’t receive anything from the IRS stating that I owed anything. I keep calling the Offset line and it shows no debts. I don’t know what else to do, except wait. It’s just frustrating but I will also use this as a learning lesson. Transcripts still show no refund filed with February 16th date and no amounts at all.

vanessa

Hello!

I filed and was accepted on 1/23 Friday. Simple return only 1099 with EIC. Iam still at one bar tax topic 152. Bars have never disappeared & neither has amount. I logged on yesterday to transcripts but nothing for 2014 except wages but it’s blank. I haven’t checked today because I was locked out yesterday. So hopefully today I’ll see some action. What could be going on? Why have people that have same date already gotten their ddd or even deposit’s??!! Please give me some insight

JD

Hi Bart,

This is my first year getting a rather substantial refund because I preemptively had a much higher withholding taken out all of 2014 because of an (incorrect) assumption that during last calendar year I was going to receive some assets that were going to have a huge tax obligation (I didn’t want to have to sell them to cover the taxes). Well, I did not receive those assets in the 2014 calendar year which was unfortunate but the flip side is I am due a rather hefty refund.

This year (maybe not the brightest idea) I decided to ditch my Dad’s tax preparer and file using Turbo Tax. Other than the monster withholding, simple return with just an import of my Fidelity investing account info.

My gut tells me just to be patient, but does it seem like it is taking longer this year for refunds and website updates? I know there were massive budget cuts, however.

Filed 1/22
    Accepted 1/22
    Website one bar and topic 152 and expected refund amount the same

Only other thing is on the advice of my Dad’s tax preparer I filed Married Separately vs prior years Married Jointly.

please help

@Brad Long Story!
    2 years ago I had a fraudulent return filed in my name. Big mess. I had to send in a paper return which I still haven’t gotten any info about. Last year I did not receive any money until May. In January I got a letter in the mail from the IRS ssaying I owed money from the fraud return. I went to the IRS office and got everything squared away. I filed this year on the 19th. I was accepted on the 20th and 2 days later my bar’s disappeared. I have no transcripts and no amount on WMR! Am I going to wait until May again this year? Does a missing amount definitely mean that the amount will change? I added a pin this year so does that make it go faster? Should I not count on a fast resolution? I still have TT 152. Is that good? Thank You in advance for answering. .

Florida

Hi,
    Please address tc 896 combined with tc 570.

Is this freeze a result of processing the healthcare penalty or something else?

Liv

Hey Bart. I filed on the 16th, was accepted on the 16th, and when I check WMR, it still says processing. I can’t access my Transcripts, but I see the return amount, nothing went blank, no bars went blank during this time. I have no special things I claimed, just HOH with a QC. Is this normal? Should I worry? Thanks!

straysoul

Bart i slid by with my mistake with ssi I got a 2015-04-04 cycle. For those interested or worried i had an Education Credit

batman

Do offsets delay your return? I filed Jan 8th, approved Jan 12th… Still only one bar, no transcripts. I didn’t get any notification that I would have an offset from DOE. So I’m assuming I don’t have any offsets since they are supposed to give 30 days warning prior to attempting to forcefully collect. Do you have any idea why it’s taking so long? I filed using the 1040 form.. i have one dependent.

Kg

Bart do you know anything about nys taxes? I was accepted by nys on the 23rd. Up until early this morning around 6am est their site said almost finished processing and most returns well be sent within 2 weeks sometimes 4 or something like that till a few hours ago now it says”We are almost finished processing your return. Once your refund is approved, the issue date will be available.” not sure what to make of that

BartD
    Participant

JDubb I think early next week u should have more infor or dd

tradami yes you are getting reall close…. processing is done in stages and posted accordenly….

Justine if amount didnt disapear then u are closer than you think to getting a dd

Tina you just filed if it wasnt rejected then be patient and it will update…. transcripts dont take 2-3 days usallly about 7-14 days some cases sooner most cases later…

JDubb

Hi BartD, I filed through TT on 1/15 accepted by IRS 1/16. I have one bar on WMR with tax topic 152 but I cannot access either transcript yet – both say N/A. In past years I was approved start to finish with money in the bank in 14 days. Doesn’t look the case this year. I think I’m in the weekly group as my codes always have 05 – in previous years anyway. Do you think I may have gotten resequenced in the early batch and maybe something next week? I dont have EIC and all in my household has insurance through my employer, no identity theft issues; I do have education credit and farm deductions but I spoke with Kelly Erb from Forbes and she is not aware of any delays on either form this year…. (I’m in TX by the way)

tradami
    Participant

Hey @Bart ,

Appreciate you helping people out. Was wondering if you could tell me what to expect from my current situation.

I live in South East Michigan and I filed on 1/8 and was accepted 1/12 (I guess not technically accepted cause of the test batch) . Either way, on WMR I have 1 bar with Topic 152. When I check my transcripts I have an account transcript available but it’s blank other than the name for my wife and I, our SSN, and filing status.

Am I getting close? Should I be worried? I’m not in a hurry to get my refund but I just want to know that I didn’t screw anything up.

Justine

Nope, amount is still there. Topic 152 did disappear though. Upset that lady wouldn’t give me any information on the phone this morning. Im puzzled and will just have to keep waiting I guess. I don’t know how to get a rep to actually give me information.

SoonToBeMrs
    Participant

Thanks Bart

Tina

Bart-
    Any thought on filed and accepted 1/25? No Bars, No Transcripts
    Thanks!

BartD
    Participant

ecaniff22 a lot of people are ur return is still processing please be patient

TXLady offset line won’t always tell you that you owe the irs and the answer to your question yes it can cause the delay if it wasn’t calculated right and or they find something wrong..

john91 yes very soon have patience

teechtx depends on where it was filed and what state irs building it went to…. your just not done processing hang in there a weekend update might be looking good for you..

JasonA your welcome and yes you are dead on spot you just aren’t done processing… few more days i would say

SoonToBeMrs by now DDD won’t be for the 30th it would be next week……. that’s assuming WMR is not updating wrong

Justine did your amount disappear as well…. if so they are correcting something doesn’t mean an error per say on your part or that the amount will change….

ecaniff22
    Participant

I filed 1/22 accepted 1/22 one bar TT 152. Transcripts N/A, only one to view is WAGES AND INCOME but it doesn’t have any info. Anyone in the same boat??

TXLady

*In addition to that question, I called the offset line and there was no offset on file for my SSN…

TXLady

Hi Bart,

Can you verify if code 896 “Refund applied to non-IRS debt” (Healthcare penalty) would cause the code 570 “additional account action pending?” I have a cycle date 20150402, but I’m not sure if that matters with those codes…?

Please help,
    TXLady

john91

Bart can you verify if your transcript has a code 846 that means that your refund is processed and is going to be deposited. I still only have one bar on wmr. Was accepted on 1/24. Also cycle date is 20150403. Will I get a refund soon?

teechtx

@Bart Hi, hello – filed 1/7, accepted 1/20 – I’m unable to get transcripts. What could be the hold up? No offsets ect.

JasonA

Bart,

1st. Thanks so much for taking your time answering our questions.

2nd. I filed through TT, and was accepted on the 23rd. Yesterday, I tried for the first time to order my transcipts. The only one has for 2014 that does not have n/a next to it for 2014 is the Wage & income transcript category. When I click on the 2014 in that category, it simply says:
    Request date: today’s date
    Response date: today’s date
    Tracking number : 100227149821

My social security number
    tax period requested : December, 2014
    form number : all forms

No record of return filed

I’m assuming this just means that my return hasn’t been processed yet? Can you please let me know if my assumption is correct?

Thanks again for your time!

SoonToBeMrs
    Participant

Hi Bart

So if we haven’t received a DDD yet, does that mean it definitely won’t be the 30th like many others? I just don’t want to get my hopes up, even though I filed early and still on 1 bar. Very simple return, filed single and no credits or dependents. Thanks!

Justine

Well this morning my bars disappeared on WMR and now says “your tax return has been received and is being processed”. Nothing else, so I called the IRS and the lady just said “we received your returns, and I don’t see any errors or holds”. Sooooo now what? lol im just confused!!!

BartD
    Participant

Beth its a generic delay just give it a few days thinking by this weeken u will have some king of update

sparkle
    Participant

Bart, thank you for much for responding. I called and spoke with a Ms. Jordan, couldn’t catch her ID# she said it too fast. She basically asked if it had been 21 days since the 20th and if I had efiled, and transferred me to the hotline lol!!! I was like ok!! Thanks again. I thought something was wrong.

Beth
    Participant

Any news for why the bars disappear? Filed on 1/22 accepted less then an hour later.

Beth

BartD
    Participant

melanie it doesnt go in first come first serve order…. depends are your taxes slightly more complicated… depends on where or what facility location of irs it went to…. if accepted on the 13th u were a test batch which means you were reprocessed the 13th and when ever they re ran it… test batches dont mean you get it sooner…

LA again i would agree and disagree with the irs rep… filing to early can red flag it but…. red flagging could take time…. especially with the budget cuts.

Amynnick22 not nessarlly removing but verifying u really did go to school

sparkle that is a common thing… that means its going threw the process but hasnt posted to the master file yet… be patient you should see a status update soon

Tia yes that could be a small delay but nothing major

melanie

I filed with tax act on 1/12 , accepted on 1/13 , no updates one bar since the 13th and cant access any trans , says it is not available , yet i filed my daughters on the 20th and she already has dd for 1/30…..what the heck????

LA
    Participant

So I was able to speak with a very helpful IRS rep about the 570 code..she said that if you file too early it could send a red flag to the system and they wanna just check over the info you entered..since they don’t have anything to compare it to right now it’ll be a very quick process. The last thing she said was it’s nothing to worry about. I feel so much better now

Amynnick22
    Participant

Thanks Bart. As far as I am aware neither my husband or I would have an offset. Can’t find a number to call and verify it though either, but I can not think of a reason we would). If they would be removing the education credit, I wonder why. Hmmm…hopefully it’s just a simple delay and will still recieve a ddd soon.

sparkle
    Participant

I filed with Taxact on 1/13. I was accepted on the 14th. Bars went missing two days after. Bars have been missing ever since. When I go online for transcripts it shows 2014 for wages and the account transcript. On the wages, it doesn’t show anything. On the account transcript it shows February 16th and at the very bottom it states no return filed. I know I filed. I got the email that it was received and accepted. Boyfriend filed 01/23/15, accepted the same day and his federal was deposited on his netspend card last night. So I’m a little bothered by this, but hey there is nothing I can do about it. On the WMR bars are gone and all it says is refund is still processing with topic 152

Tia

Hi Bart, I filed with Taxslayer on 01/20/15 and was accepted that same day. the only thing that has changed since last years filling was I got married and filed jointly with my spouse. However, I have not changed my last name yet. Could this cause a delay for us.

Thanks

Elle

Bart, thanks for replying. I filed on the 20th, accepted on the 21st (with HRB). I spoke with an IRS rep this morning. She couldn’t see anything on her end and told me to wait and that WMR might not be done updating. They wouldn’t take more than was owed. I was worried because other TT201 ppl were seeing DDD after their refunds were applied.

BartD
    Participant

Missouri no u didnt do anything wrong. its just not done processing be patient you should have an update soon.. if you dont let me know…

Elle WHEN did you file… just wondering and i would give it a few days to catch up… offsets always take a little longer

plzhelp IRS reps are just part time temps that have no clue… if your still processing they are saying that because there is no master file yet.. i would just hang on and wait until this weeken

straysoul i would wait if its caught yes it will delay the return if it isnt and you do get your refund i suggest doing an admen return asap before they apply pent and intrest

Amynnick22 i would have to say they are removing the education credit or there is an offset in your return or just a simple delay… if the amount is gone that means the sytem things the amount is going to change.. this update to wmr should be only 3-5 days and then you should give u more information…..

LA it has already effected you cycle date 570 is a freeze code…. so your return is frozen and no refund will be given until its un frozen… what you need to do is wait… sometimes irs can resolve with out a letter to you… but count on getting a letter….. thats when u do what u need to to do… you 570 will not just fall off unless someone removes it…

Amynnick22
    Participant

Hello Bart, hoping maybe you can ease my mind a little bit. I filed through H&R block home program 1/21 accepted approx 10 mins later ( 11:05 whoevers time, 12:05 am my time though). Everything is the same as last year EXCEPT, I went back to school so I have an education credit. I have had the bars with refund recieved and tax topic 152 up until this am. When I look now the tracker is gone and refund amount is gone. It states it is still being processed and will get a date when done, I believe the topic 152 is still there also. I also have N/A for transcripts except the wage one, but it is blank. My mother keeps telling me I’m going to wait forever because of education credits, as she had to several years ago. Is this true? I remember there being issues several years back in regards to the education credit filers had to wait to file, but nothing like that this year. But she has me so worried I won’t see anything till march.

straysoul

I filed and was accepted the 26th.

straysoul

Bart I made a mistake on my return by putting my SSI under other income. How could/will this affect me?

LA
    Participant

Good morning Bart and thanks the reply. Ok I just spoke to an IRS rep, and to be honest it seemed as I knew more than she did. She had no clue what the codes meant and had to pull up a link reference, mind you I have been well informed of what they mean thanks to this site and my own personal research. So basically I am still sitting here with the same information I had yesterday. Hopefully this 570 code will fall off tomorrow or Friday since I dont have the other codes to go with it like the 971 code , which means that they are sending a letter to me. Mind you when I asked about this code, she said that if I requested a letter then I would get it within two weeks..smh…she was more than generic, she was clueless. Do any of you have any updates or any other info on the 570 code..such as will it affect my cycle date? Thanks in advance.

plzhelp

Called this morning. They said It was still processing an not to worry unless I got an error code

Vanessa

Thank you!

Elle

Oookayyyyy. Yesterday got a script update with a cycle number and the whole shebang. I’m just missing code 846. No other funky TC numbers. Just the usual minus the important one. This morning WMR updated to “your refund has been applied to a past due tax obligation” which I knew it would be. I should still be receiving a hefty refund. There’s no DDD on WMR reflecting the difference and my scripts are still the same. They don’t reflect the application of the refund to the balance. Do you think I’ll still get my $$$ any time soon or are offsets usually delayed substantially?? Do I just need to chill and wait for another update? Thanks for your help, Bart!!

Missouri

Bart: Here is my story. I filed with H&R Block online and was accepted on 01/21/2015. Wheres my Refund has stayed on 1 bar and not moved. I’ve checked my transcripts and while the only one that is available is a Wage Transcript, it appears pretty much blank. All other transcripts are N/A. I’ve seen numerous others getting DDD’s that were accepted on 01/21. Did I do something incorrectly? H&R Block “estimates” a DDD of 02/10/2015, but I’m guessing that just goes by the 21 day rule.

BartD
    Participant

Vanessa i would definately call there is a reason its delayed like that… they are goingj to need to verify something sooooo i would have all your ducks in a row… also expect a delay.. 4 weeks at the min. they are first going to try and contact ur employeer

Keltz you should be getting it soon… please try and relax there isnt anything wrong at this point with your refund

LA A Transaction Code 570 can mean different things in different cases so a taxpayer should not try to draw a conclusion based on the presence of a TC 570. The Transaction Code 570 will stop a refund from being issued until the impact of the action being taken on the account and the refund is determined and processed. Transaction Codes are used internally by the IRS to identify a transaction, adjust and research tax accounts and to maintain a history of actions posted to a taxpayer’s account.

Brad you will get it soon prolly nexxt week processing isnt first come first serve and depends on the location (which building/state) its being processed in by the irs

plzhelp audit is very unlikely

Drew you will get it soon

BartD
    Participant

good morning

Keltz

This seems like the goto answer thread here so I’m hoping you can help ease my anxiety. I filed 1-0X and was accepted 1-14-15. Wmr updated to first bar that same day. No updates on WMR since and my refund amount has been displayed the whole time. NA on transcripts except for wages. Any ideas? Thanks for your time btw!

wendy2629
    Participant

i’ve seen people getting their deposits on netspend

Drew

Evening Bart! I filed on the 21st and was accepted on the 21st as well. I have a cycle date of 20150402 and code 846 with an accurate refund amount listed on my 2014 Account transcript. My 2014 Return transcript is also available for retrieval. Direct Deposit is setup and my bank (Wells Fargo) does same-day deposit of received IRS / Treasury refunds and deposits.

How do you think this week is looking as far as getting that refund goes? =)
    Also- you rock. Thanks a ton for clearing up all the confusion on the board so quickly.

plzhelp

Hi bart
    Do you think im being audited or something is wrong

artistgal

I have been accepted since the 12. Still have code 152 . my transcripts were finally available this morning but they have a bunch of 0s and say return not filed. Am I in trouble? The IRS lady said I wasn’t done processing but she didn’t ask for any of my personal info so I think that was just a generalized answer…;-(

LA
    Participant

Hi Bart…I have code 570 on my transcripts.. Is that good or bad?

Vanessa

Hi I was wondering if you could give me some insight as to what’s going on with my return. I was able to look my acct transcript to day and it says no record of return filed. The date however says as of 2-16-05 and then i have as of 2-16-2015. There is a 971 notice issued and the date beside it is 02-16-2015 as well. However i did have to file an 8862 this year due to identity theft. Which i didn’t know about this id theft until my refund was rejected for an 8862. I knew something was strange cause i had never claimed eic before. But after looking at my transcripts i called in and explained my situation to a rep who said that he was going to put notes on my account so they would know that i wasnt the one who misused the eic credit. So I’m wondering if that has something to do with the 971? Just confused as too why there’s a notice set for a future date n my return hasn’t even been processed yet? And wondering if you know how long does a return with 8862 usually take to process? Thanks

Leslie M

Guys, this is one very helpful man, trying to assist us all with our many refund status questions. Please read the questions others have asked before posting. He may have already answered it. :) Best of luck to us all!

Brad

Filled on the 10th accepted on the 12th I had one bar until around the 15th now I have no bars or amount with topic 152 and I can’t order transcripts

BartD
    Participant

Edward

Correct :)

BartD
    Participant

plzhelp

Yes something is wrong either wmr didn’t update properly or your in the errors resolution department is you call and pressure them they should be able to see it is out and in the hands of a human

Edward

Melissa, go to Accont Transcripts, the codes are there, all of them. I have a 846, which means, it has been process. and Refund amount which is the same amount I file. No problems.

BartD
    Participant

Justine Call they will tell you if ur getting a letter or have a date

Jenny if not this week next you will know something or something will change

plzhelp

Hi Bart
    I filed on the 20th was accepted on the 21 an had one bar a day later my bar was gone an had processing will notify with ddd date. And tax topic 152 is there something wrong ? I do not have any offsets

Justine

How can I find out if I was 1. being audited or 2. find out if the system just didn’t update yet?

jenny

thank you Bart D. how many days more you think could take to finish processing.

BartD
    Participant

I have to go keep positing and I’ll aswer tomorrow :)

BartD
    Participant

Jenny your just not done processing..

People think the filing / accepting date is all that makes process exactly at the same time as others

One depends on the batch your in how many people filed and at what location it’s at.

Depends on staffing and manual checks of system glitchs or there is an error and so on…

Just be patient

BartD
    Participant

Dalinda Be patient next week mostlikey

Justine that’s either good or bad.. Good meaning wmr might not have updated and ur getting ur refund or bad it’s frozen and the ir is auditing you.. I know it’s to opposite ends but without seeing the codings I can’t tell you

Ohambs annoying process that delays 1-3 weeks

jenny

hi bard,
    filed on the 8th received on the 13th. one bar topic 152. I have been calling the irs and they keep telling me is still in process and there is nothing wrong as of now. also I cant see the transcript yet. when do you think my status will change to approved or not.

BartD
    Participant

Texas
    Can be 2 things small error which is common or offset

if your amount is gone it’s one or the 2

Justine

I can view all of my transcripts today, but don’t have code 846 like everyone else.
    Mine says 150 (tax return filed), 806 (w-2 or 1099 withholding) 766 (credit to your account) 768 (EIC). just confused how I could see all my information and not be done processing?

BartD
    Participant

Duder
    Relax its just not done yet… Soon though

BartD
    Participant

Kajackson urs was defiantly pulled for some reason it was going to post then it was stopped you have to wait give it a week or call they will prolly Telly units in the error resolution department

Carol-n-Texas
    Participant

Bart, I have the same question as Rosane! I filed on the 15th through Taxslayer, accepted on 1/20 and suddenly today my orange bar disappeared! But all the other info is there even the 152 code. Is this good news like things are moving or should we be worried?!

duder

Oh, and if it matters, I filed as single.

Dalinda

Bart hello I filed on the 18th was accepted on the 20 but still tax topic 152. nothing is changing. any ideas when will I recieve my refund ?

duder

Hi Bart

I filed on the 19th and was accepted on the 20th. I checked my transcripts and I can access an account transcript, but there is no return data or cycle code or anything like that in it. I cannot access a return transcript. I am concerned about the status of my refund.

On WMR, I have one bar and the normal tax topic 152. Does the fact that my account transcript lacks return info mean anything? Could my return possibly be delayed as a result, or are transcripts essentially meaningless in that regard?

ohambs
    Participant

Oh man! Is being pulled for ID verification going to be a big delay or a small speed bump?

new gal in 2015
    Participant

Good night, all. I’m just posting this because I had to ‘uncheck’ notify me….in the box below because I’m getting everybody’s replies in my email :) …thanks again

Tia

Hi Bart,

I filled on the 01/20/15, and was accepted that same day with Taxslayer. I still cannot order or view my transcript, I usually file head of household but I got married last year and filed married filling jointly. Is there a reason why people who filed after me are getting updates and i am not, should I be concerned?

kajackson1999
    Participant

Hi Bart,
    I was an early filer who has had the “your return is still being processed” message since like the 15th and still do. Anyway, I was able to access my account transcript this morning but there is all zeros on there, no codes, and it says no record of return filed. None of my other transcripts are available yet. Why do you think it looks like this? Still processing, maybe? Just wondering what’s going on and I refuse to call the IRS right now because I know they won’t tell me anything. Thanks for any help you can give me.

BartD
    Participant

You need to call that because u are pulled for id verification.. Your refund won’t process until you verify your identity

ohambs
    Participant

Hi Bart!
    My refund was delayed until April last year because of my last name changing. A TA had to get involved since I was getting nowhere. This year I file 12th, approved on the 13th. WMR shows 1st bar and Topic 152 since the 13th and that bar has never gone away. When I go to order my transcripts, I can only get the 2013 mailed to me, the 2014 is not available. When I go to order them online, a message to call the Identity Protection Specialized Unit comes up. Should I be worried that this year will play out like last year?

Viewing 200 replies - 1,201 through 1,400 (of 1,419 total)

The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.