Bars Gone, NO CREDITS, NO EIC, NO PATH — Spoke to IRS Today

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Bars Gone, NO CREDITS, NO EIC, NO PATH — Spoke to IRS Today

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Kash.
  • Topic Starter
    John

Okay, I’ve seen a LOT of forums on “BARS GONE” ETC…. but the answers have been extremely disjointed an confusing for the most part, so here’s my deal.

1. I filed with Turbo Tax in Mid-Jan
      2. My taxes were accepted on the 19th of Jan
      3. My bars popped up a few days after.
      4. Saturday the 27th, My bars went bye-bye and it said the following
      “Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.
      Please Note:
      For refund information, please continue to check here, or use our free mobile app, IRS2Go. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.”

All of my info was still listed on the LEFT (SSN, Filing Status, and Amount of Refund).
      There was NO TAX TOPIC 152 or anything else.
      Cool right?

5. I have no EIC, No Credits of any kind, nor do I have any crazy filing circumstances.
      6. I DO have itemized deductions because of the nature of my job, but I have never had an issue in the past.

7. I have been reading forums for weeks now hoping someone could shed a light on what is going on, but all I have read is, “it could be this or that blah blah PATH blah”.

8. I called today and spoke to a very kind woman who verified a TON of info with me and took a deep hard look into my tax return — here’s what she told me:

“It looks like there is an issue with your return. I don’t know what it is. It may be an ID Verification issue. You WILL be receiving a letter in the mail. IF you do not receive a letter in 30 days, please call us back.”

Now, I pressed her for more info, but she couldn’t give me any more than that.

Personally, I’m hoping it is simply an ID verify. It might be because I have moved 3 times in the last three years. Who knows though.

I’m putting this out because I’m looking to see if other people are in the same position as me. that means NO PATH, NO EIC, NO CREDITS OF ANY KIND. Everyone has different circumstances which means the IRS will handle different categories differently. I’m hoping to hear if anyone else has the same thing or has received a letter yet.

THANKS!

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Kash

Im in the same boat wondering why when i have standard deductions, My codes showed 971 and 570…No letter has been received yet..I wondering if they hold bigger checks on purpose

Zannah

Be aware that even if you do not think you had credits this year, you can be delayed because of last year. Let me explain…

Many filers (tt Users in particular) had insurance the whole year (2017) however, if you had marketplace insurance (obamacare, medicaid) for any month during 2016. It generated a credit that was paid forward for your insurance. The same is true if you had marketplace insurance for all or part of 2017.

Tt users are finding a glitch in software that does not ask them for 1095a forms when the “I had insurance all year” button is ticked.

Tt aside. If you had any kind of marketplace insurance or went uninsured, you would have been sent a 1095a and/or 1095b.

Many people are being pulled to verify credits that were issued last tax season to see how much of that credit was used to pay for health insurance.

My apologies if this is not your situation, but this is what occurred to me.

I filed, but did have eic, ACTC and an edu credit. This is no different from previous years. I had marketplace insurance for 2 months out of the year. I received a letter from the irs yesterday requesting form 1095a and spent a bit of time on the phone with the irs explaining this to me.

I hope it helped someone.

Anu

Same situation! No credits but I do have itemized deductions. Filed 1/31 – bars went missing last Wednesday…no transcripts available yet!

Sharon24

Hey John, same situation. No EIC,No ACTC married filing joint as always, same kids, same job, same house, we itemize deductions and used the same deductions as usual. Filed 2/1, lost bars 2/9. Same thing happened to me last year and it turned out to be a Id verification letter. Was told everything was fine last year until the letter showed up. I called yesterday and was told everything is fine. I know better. So now I guess I’m waiting for a letter or I’m calling again. So frustrating.

Laura

Same situation but I have eitc credits , I called was told that so many returns came in before they were opened that they just haven’t processed them all yet. She said they were accepted but just sitting there. I don’t no what to think or believe at this pint but I know after the 15th we will be able to get more answers

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.