bars and tax topic 152 gone!!!!!

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season bars and tax topic 152 gone!!!!!

• This topic has 49 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jeanne Putney.
  • Topic Starter
    catwoman
      @catwoman

i filled 2/4 accepted same day, i had one bar all alone until this morning that i woke up to my bars and tax topic 152 gone!! i can still see my inf with my amount on the side, and have the still processing message,im nervous dont know what to do or expect, plzzzz all of you with this same situattion lets keeps us updated, thanks!!!

Viewing 48 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Jeanne Putney

I filed 2/28/17, got accepted march1, 2017…On March 10 my bars and tax topic went missing and stayed gone..after my 21 days were up I called irs everyday and they wouldn’t tell me what exactly was wrong…so I finally called tax advocate, she told me that it was being offset by irs for 2014 tax liabilities. Woke up Saturday morning and bars are back and shows ddd March 29…I told the lady I called the offset number and it said I had no non tax debts…she said if you owe federal it will not show on the offset number…

Kelly

Hi Mandy,

I was accepted around the week of 2/24 and the following week, my bars and tt 152 disappeared as well. No offsets or letters. Was able to order last years return & account transcripts and this years. Sooooooo confused. Filed as HOH, EIC, CTC. Guess tomorrow is the day I finally put in that dreaded phone call. UGGGGHHHH.

Mandy

Hello I filed 2/28 accepted 2/28 by TT and now this morning my bar has disappeared and my tt is gone all it shows is my ss number and my filing status and my expected amount. Says a deposit date will be given later. What’s wrong

Anonymous

I ID verified last Wednesday and today my tax topic 152 disappeared. Man this year has been hell. Anyone that this happen to have any insight

Anonymous

I ID verified last Wednesday and today my tax topic 152 disappeared. Man this year has been hell. Anyone that this happen to have any insight

Justiceleaks

I verified my id 2 weeks ago on a Thursday in person at a local irs branch a week went by the following Saturday I wake up to no bars no tax topic just ” we have recieved your tax return and it is being processed” it’s going on day 4 since the last change I checked my pending deposits at bank and still nothing called irs and still no answers. Any one had this happen to them?

Lah

So I defiled thru TT 2/13 . was able to order transcripts on 2/17 but now WMR says that there is a delay in processing my refund with a ref code 1541. Turbotax said it just saying that because it may be backed up(IRS). Anybody else can relate?

amanda

i was told by 3 irs reps mine would be mailed on the 27th and my wmr status says your refund check will by mailed by Feb 27th. I wonder why they would wait almost 2 weeks to mail it.

Meshia

I filed on 2/6 was accepted 2/6 woke up on 2/18 to my bars gone and a code 1541and that my return was being delayed I then called the IRS and was told my return was still processing and to expect something the week of the 27th could something be wrong with my return

Lmulli

Hello everyone, I would recommend calling if your bars and tax topic has disappeared. This happened to me I filed and was accepted 1/29 my bars went away 2/11 still not back and I passed my 21 days spoke with an irs rep who said I needed to go into the irs center in my area for verification. I never received a letter or notification on wmr. She gave me a number to call to get more info and set an appointment 1844-5455640 they were NO help at all just said she will mail a letter in 10days because without it I would be turned away if I tried to make an appointment to verify my info….this is very frustrsting

Kim

I filed 2/13 and was accepted minutes after. All my bars disappeared two days ago. I checked my account transcript and I have code 846 with date of 3/13. I have PATH credits and two offsets from prior tax years.

Shadricka Solares

I called this number 18668973315 and i had to put in my information and after it informed me my return was on hold I waited to speak with a live rep and resolved my issue. I lost my bar and tax topic as well but after calling it is now pushed threw to be finished processing …hope this helps

amanda

I called the IRS this morning and was told they are mailing me my check on the 27th, anyone know how long it takes to receive through the mail

ItsAAriesThang

I filed on 2/4 and today as a DDD of 2/22

Danielle Davis

My return was accept on 2/8. I had a bar that said accepted until 2/13 and then I get the msg that said it would not update till 2/15 because i filed EIC. Today 2/16 i check and no bar and tax topic 152!!!!!

Help!!!

Cilla
                                        @saywhat

I’m waiting til Monday then calling.
                                        Filed & accepted 1-25
                                        No credits
                                        No transcripts
                                        No letters
                                        No bars or tax code
                                        All I have is the amount on the right hand side.
                                        Bleh

catwoman
                                          @catwoman

i checked wmr this morning and still my bars and tax topic are gone!! and i got an email from turbo tax telling me thank you that my taxes was accepted and that i have to wait till the 27 cuz the path act thing, yes i claim both child credits but dont have no path message as yet and i filled 2/4 and lost bars and tax topic 152 on 2/11, i dont know whats going on!!

wrappedwithbands
                                            @wrappedwithbands

Did anyone figure it out? What does it mean when you lose your bars and get 152, THEN you get that your return is being processed and you have NO TAX CODE or bars? Keep in mind the “when available” is not there either.

This happened to me this morning. I was finally able to order my Return Transcript yesterday (aka before I lost my Tax Code).

Kaitlin

@catwoman they told me it was in “the best interest of tax payers” that my refund be sent by mail. So obnoxious. I’m so annoyed by this whole thing. I’ve never had an issue. I’m just hoping it really doesn’t take 9 weeks.

catwoman
                                                @catwoman

Kaitlin: last year i had to verify myself, and i got my money depposited on my account, i dont know why they sending you a check, did you ask them why? and did you choose to have your money depposited or mailed?

Kaitlin

@just I got my id verify letter today. Called and everything was good he said he pushed it to approve and they had to mail me a physical check but he said he could be 9 weeks!!! Did they tell you this?!! And why can’t they direct deposit?!!

sunglaze
                                                    @sunglaze

Just got off phone with irs
                                                    filed 1/23 accepted 1/23
                                                    bars went missing after a couple of days
                                                    refund amount still on the left side
                                                    refund is still being processed
                                                    she put me on hold 3 times for 5 minutes . she really did’nt know why it was still processing she ask had i ever been a victim of identity theft i told her no and she asked had i received a letter from them and i told her no . but she said they were still working on it and she told me to call back by the end of the month if wmr had’nt changed.

Screwtaxes

1/23 filed. accepted 20 minutes later. I never had a single bar, it went right to processing. I have been stuck on processing ever since then, still on processing today. My spouse, with whom I filed jointly, had one bar until a few days ago. They went to processing on Saturday, so now we are both on processing message. No tax topic, refund amount is on the left, no letter in the mail. I feel your pain. I don’t care if my refund is delayed a bit, just hate not knowing what my status is. Processing could mean anything.

catwoman
                                                        @catwoman

Ladyy: im just like you, im trying to find out why this is happening, i did my ID verification last year so i dont know if i have to do it this year, and i dont want to call cuz people are saying that if you call they may flag you and make it worse! so im gona just sit and wait for atleast the end of the month and see, if the WMR site dont bring bk my bars then ill call!

Laddyy

Heeyy so can Andybody explain what it means to loose tax topic 152??? Mine is no longer showing and it’s been like this for a little over a week my 21 day mark is tomorrow so I’m kind of worried!!

Jennifer Murgerson

I filed on the 23rd and was accepted on the 24th and bars disappeared on the 27th. Bars have been gone for 17 days now. And today I noticed my tax topic disappeared too. I have not got a letter from them yet, I don’t have a offset( i don’t owe) i did have EIC and school credit as well. I hope to get a update soon.

Amy

Same issue only I had to verify and they placed it back into processing Thursday.

Me

I filed on the 6. Was approved the same day. As of Friday my orange bar dissappeared and I have the path message with my info to the left but the amount is gone. Hrblock shows my return was processed and complete and that the IRS is working on getting my refund. Not sure how that’s tru when Irs says it’s still processing. Any updates like this for anyone?

Ellie

@Kennedy. I filed the 30th through Tt. EIC credit. Accepted w.in minutes.One orange bar on the 1st. They disappeared on the 4th and the Path message appeared.

Nothing since then although I didn’t expect there to be.

I have only checked once since then. Nerves of steel lol

I don’t plan on checking again till after the 15th….unless ppl from here start posting they see movement.

At that point I will jump on the tax band wagon too…..

Kennedy

Bobby ,

Were u able to order either transcript ? Can u see your amount on the left ? I have heard so many things . Our bars disappeared too . We r claiming the act path and we don’t have the path message yet 😕 We filed the 30 th and lost bars the 3rd . Just have a message about bein processed and would update when available and we do have the topic 152 . That’s it . I did not call or receive any letters yet !

Sharon

@Bobbie, did you claim either EIC or ACTC?

Bobbie

Called irs they said it would appear again before the 15th filed 1/9 bars gone 1/31 hope its the truth.

• #4167957
                                                                        AshantiLiam

I was able to order transcripts and wmr changed to path act today so hopefully before or on the 15th we have a deposit date. I really look forward to getting a new car.

• #4167950
                                                                          Sharon

@just. Congrats. I hope you’re right. I’m so obsessed with this. My husband is ready to commit me. Lol

• #4167936
                                                                            J-me

Filed 1/23 bars disappeared 2/4 generic processing message and no tax topic. No letters or notifications.

• #4167918
                                                                              Just

This is totally normal. I filed on 1/18 and had my bars go missing on 2/4 then today updated that my refund was approved!

• #4167832
                                                                                catwoman
                                                                                  @catwoman

Kit0kat2009 : you have the path message, so you good to go, your refund is approved and tou will see your DDD soon! congratz!!

• #4167736
                                                                                  Kit0kat2009

I was able to order return transcripts. All of my bars are gone along with the refund amount..

Just says
                                                                                    It’s being takenice caremail of any don’t expect again before the 15

• #4167599
                                                                                    Sharon

Same here. Filed jointly with my husband 2/3 accepted 2/3, lost bars 2/9. No eic or actc. Called and told everything is fine which I don’t entirely believe. This is definitely stressful. First time I did my own taxes. Can’t help but think I screwed something up. Ugh.

• #4167474
                                                                                      LaurenB

So, apparently the education credits ARE also delayed even though they originally said they wouldn’t be:(

At least it makes me feel better about the review letter 4464c I got last week. I was able to order both transcripts yesterday but this morning my tax topic 152 disappeared.

Filed on 1-3
                                                                                        Accepted 1-12
                                                                                        Bars gone 1-23
                                                                                        Received letter 2-6
                                                                                        Tax dopic disappeared this morning.

• #4167454
                                                                                        Kaitlin

I’m on the same page as all of you but did claim education credits but thought it nothing to do with the other hold up. Was estimated to have my refund my 2/19 filed and accepted on 1/29. Stressed. It’s been a week since the bars have disappeared and my amount is still there but no tax topic.

• #4167452
                                                                                          Cass

Same boat filed 1.29 no bars for over a week now T152 gone but refund amount re showing and can order transcripts by mail. If we’re all in this boat maybe it’s a glitch ??? Hoping Monday brings good news

• #4167435
                                                                                            Joyis

Mine too. Don’t feel alone. I think it means it was accepted. My bars are gone. And I can’t upload a screenshot anywhere but I’m sure it’s the same thing. I filed on the 5th. EIC and ACTC.

• #4167419
                                                                                              NeedInfo

@Kitskycat Fear porn not true, publication from 2011…people like this kill this site.

• #4167388
                                                                                                Kitskycat

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service plans a Feb. 14 start date for processing tax returns delayed by last month’s tax law changes. The IRS reminded taxpayers affected by the delay they can begin preparing their tax returns immediately because many software providers are ready now to accept these returns.

Beginning Feb. 14, the IRS will start processing both paper and e-filed returns claiming itemized deductions on Schedule A, the higher education tuition and fees deduction on Form 8917 and the educator expenses deduction. Based on filings last year, about nine million tax returns claimed any of these deductions on returns received by the IRS before Feb. 14.

• #4167382
                                                                                                  batman

In the same boat. Had 1 bar, woke up this morning to 0 bars/topic 152 gone filed and accepted 2/1.

• #4167375
                                                                                                    Daniel
                                                                                                      @daniela

Same for me @catwoman.

Filed 1/25, bars disappeared 2/04, refunded amount disappeared mid-week, re-appeared today. Can only order account transcript, it’s blank.

Same thing happened last year, took 5 weeks or so, then boom DDD showed up on Wednesday, WMR never updated. No letters what-so-ever.

• #4167361
                                                                                                      will
                                                                                                        @nortrax3

Filed 2/6.. Bars disappeared on 2/8.. Received refund in my account on 2/10 ( bars still not shown on WMR).. Checked WMR 2/11, and one bar has returned, showing DDD of 2/15.. Seems that I received direct deposit 5 days early.. I used a walmart money card for the direct deposit.. Plus the IRS reduced my refund a little and WMR states that I will receive a letter explaining the offset..

• #4167339
                                                                                                        Kimberly

I’m in the same boat. Been at a refund date will be provided when available for a week now. I called last week to see if I needed to verify my ID and was told if I did I would receive a letter or it will show on wmr. I had to last year and it never showed up or did I get a letter. I just called and was told I needed to verify.

Viewing 48 reply threads
                                                                                                      • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.