Are you guys ready?

Home Forums General Discussion 2015 Tax Season Are you guys ready?

• This topic has 91 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Kristi h.
  • Topic Starter
    jasvan70
      @jasvan70

Going to be another wild year! I Hope things run smoothly. Don’t like what I heard today from irs chief but I think he’s just raising s ruckus with government over their budget cuts. So thankful we have IGMR. Over the years it has been much more informative and reliable than any place on the web. I will be doing my snooping and digging the Internet to help out as usual. Miss you all and see you soon!

Viewing 86 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Kristi h

Casey I just reread what you wrote. If you are listed on the federal treasury offset program hotline as having A debt, they are going to take it out of your federal.

Kristi h

Casey, I’ve had that type of offset before. At first they will just deducted out of your state tax refund. But if the debt is larger than your tax refund, what will ultimately happen is they will offset your federal to cover what they haven’t been able to collect. If that were to ever happen,they simply take what they have to offset, and the rest is forwarded to you, with no delay. It’s not like in years past where you had to wait several weeks beyond

tarasue

I also filed on 1/9/2015 using TT and got a text saying accepted on 1/12/2015. Had the graphic bar on WMR up until the 14th or 15th and now it also just say’s Your refund is still being processed and a refund date will be provided when available. Hoping but the end of the week since the 20th is tomorrow!!!

dkhaley97
                @dkhaley97

One W2 down and 1 to go!!

dkhaley97
                  @dkhaley97

Hi, y’all! We’re a lil behind this year…waiting on my W-2 since I started working back in June *sigh* Here’s hoping to receiving it by sometime next week.

Anonymous

@tiffygirl thank you for answering :)

Anonymous

Filed 12/29, wmr says return received…I hope in the next few days it changes to processed and approved and sent!!! Last year, I filed early as well and dd was deposited on 2/7! I’ve got my coffee and turbo shots ready and am hoping for the same results this year!!

tiffygirl

@smat @concerned I know last year ut meant that your refund was being processed it was like that for 2 to 3 days then it had ddd on wmr. Hoping for you both its the same this year

Anonymous

It says tax topic 152

Anonymous

@concerned. Mine says that now too. Anyone have any ideas what if means?

Txteechan

Any HRB in test batch? HRB says transmitted but no acceptance. Filed on jan 7th

pat m

mine says the same thing. it has for 5 days they must be holding them

Concerned

My bars disappeared and now it only says
                                  “Your refund is still being processed”
                                  “A refund date will be provided when available”

What does this mean what happened??

NYCteachermom

I just filed my federal. My NY state still had a form that wasn’t ready until the 16th. I hope it’s not too late to get an early acceptance. Here’s hoping.

aprilleann

Hey yall, it’s that wonderful time of year again, I am in the test batch for the 3rd year in a row, hope its smoother than last year, it’s on – the wondering, waiting, insomnia, insane amounts of caffine, this year is just getting started, may the force be with you!

Anonymous

Has anyone that used Tax Act been approved? i usually use TT but this year they wanted to charge me for the same form I have always used so I went with Tax Act

Anonymous

Prior early filers, how long does it usually take them to process test batches? This is my first time filing and getting accepted early. Kind of new to the process

MiLeBr

Hello from Montana! I filed 1/13/15 about 6:15am. I got my TT email saying it was sent successfully. Around 8am I got another email saying that my return was accepted by the IRS with the standard 21 days chatter. Later in the afternoon for grins and giggles I checked the WRM tool on the IRS site and it said it was accepted and being processed. I took it one step further and went to the SBBT website, entered my info and there was my account. So far so good. Now just sit back pray the rest goes as smoothly.

tiffygirl

Am back again this year. Just like the last two.. lmbo. Well havet filed yet but will use tt like always. I am hoping for a nice return. And I pray this year goes by smoothly. Last year was to much for me to handle almost.. good luck and heres to a happy taxmas

NYCteachermom

I’m very excited. My school informed us that we get our W2s tomorrow. I cant wait to at least see my refund amount. I probably won’t get accepted into the test batch of I file tomorrow through TT.

TotallyLost
                                                  @totallylost

Just stopping by to say hello… Former 1121er from last years chaos…. Did not get my refund until September ((OUCH))…I am here again this year… but no early filing… I have a regular wage job to go along with my SE so…. still waiting on my W2 … Good Luck everyone! Cheers to a smooth Taxmas

becky

So I might of spoke too soon. I was able to select 2014 on the IRS App, but on their website it is not listed. don’t know if that means anything or what. Just thought I would share.

NYCteachermom

Yes becky. It means that you can look at the cycle number and know when you are getting your deposit. The numbers stand for YYYYWWDD

becky

So I didn’t follow things super closely last year, but I know there was something with ordering return transcripts once things were done processing. I went on the irs app and was able to order my return transcripts for 2014. I don’t know if this even means anything. What do you guys think?

KingJay

Mines was accepted yesterday I filed on the 6th via freetaxusa.

Madison

I just checked turbo tax and my refund that was filed on 1/9 has been ACCEPTED….the wait is on and people will see if this will be and amazing tax year or if it will have more holes than fruit loops

Anonymous

Mine was accepted on turbo tax today filed last week

jessj

If we file with our last pay stub and the income is different than the w2…will my refund be flagged or will i get a refund and then a letter from IRS later?

Cindy
                                                                  @cindy

@Becky. Same here. I filed on the 7th and ft is still saying pending but irs2go says it’s been received and is being processed so I’m hoping it all goes smooth: )

Heather L
                                                                    @heather-l

TurboTax is apparently playing catch up with notifications :) WMR had updated for me, then TT switched from pending to accepted a couple of hours later and I just *NOW* had a text from TT that the IRS accepted my return.

Becky

So I filed TT on 1/11. I had that form pop up during the review- I entered a 0 for line 4. Haven’t received anything from TT. But checked WMR and it shows IRS accepted return with orange bar. Hope that helps people!

olive

Have 1 bar on WMR filed 1/9 turbo tax

• #4092617
                                                                        Brina

Just got notification of acceptance by the IRS…

• #4092614
                                                                          Anonymous

i deleted form 8960 instead of just filling out zeros in line 4. I did not have investment income. Was this an acceptable solution or do you think I be delayed?

• #4092613
                                                                            Anonymous
                                                                            • #4092612
                                                                              olive

Seeing a lot of people commenting on IGMR facebook that they were accepted and filed via TaxAct

• #4092611
                                                                                Anonymous

Back from last year! Just logged into to TA To see I was accepted today! If you didn’t get an email from Try logging in and checking manually.

• #4092610
                                                                                  Cindy
                                                                                    @cindy

That’s AWESOME I hope I get one of those emails soon: ) congrats

• #4092609
                                                                                    Anonymous

Just received an email that my tax return has been accepted by the IRS as part of the test batch. Good luck everyone! Hopefully the test batch won’t experience the SNAFUs that occurred last year!

• #4092608
                                                                                      Cindy
                                                                                        @cindy

I honestly look for them to start accepting and pulling in terms next couple of days. Last year I submitted mine on the 4th and they got accepted on the 24th. They didn’t officially open till like the 30th so they started testing about a week b4. They officially open next week so I look for things to start rolling between now and Wednesday of this week but that’s just my opinion: )

• #4092607
                                                                                        Patiently waiting

As part of controlled IRS testing, a small number of federal returns will be transmitted to the IRS between January 12th and January 16th, 2015. This is before processing officially begins on January 20th. If you receive an acknowledgement during this timeframe, your return has been accepted by the IRS but your refund will not be processed early.

If you expect a federal refund, the IRS Where’s My Refund? tool will provide personalized information about your tax return beginning January 31st. The timeframe for issuing refunds will not begin before this date.

The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days. See What to Expect for Refunds for more information on when to expect your refund.

Today, you won at taxes.

Congratulations — you who can do anything, have successfully filed your taxes! Now inspire your friends and family by sharing yo

• #4092606
                                                                                          becky

I know no one knows for sure, but when do you think IRS will pull for a test batch? And do you think they pull very many returns? Again, I know no one knows for sure, but what’s your best guess based on previous years. Thanks!

• #4092604
                                                                                            NCMomOf3+1
                                                                                              @ncmomof3

Hey! I’m back again for another year! I recognize some names in here. Hope you all are doing well! Is it too late for me to join this party? My taxes are ready to be submitted through TT but I’m having to wait on that darn 1095-a form from the Marketplace before I can hit that file button. I’m impatient and just want to get this over with. Our tax situation is a little more complicated than last year. Ugh.

• #4092603
                                                                                              Anonymous

I had a former pop up at end too for tt. Also put zero. No idea what it was about really

• #4092602
                                                                                                becky

I just filed last night. I hope I’m in the test batch, but maybe I waited too long. I filed through TT. I’ve used them for several years. I know they charged me too much, but since I know how to use them, and like their program, I kept using them again. Hope all goes well. I had that form pop up at the end, but I just put a 0 in the line 4. Hope that was right.

• #4092601
                                                                                                  NYCteachermom

Things will start to really heat up here around the 20th.

• #4092599
                                                                                                    Cindy
                                                                                                      @cindy

We are all here just kinda hanging out waiting on the acceptance notices to start coming in: )

• #4092598
                                                                                                      Anonymous

I’ve been wondering the same thing

• #4092596
                                                                                                        olive

Where is everyone

• #4092594
                                                                                                          Anonymous

woot!

• #4092576
                                                                                                            Ethan

I just filed and I hope this year does not prove to be a waiting game

• #4092570
                                                                                                              Cindy
                                                                                                                @cindy

Lol of course I’m here: ) I can’t imagine life without my IGMR peeps : )- I’m anxiously awaiting on my accepted email: )

• #4092569
                                                                                                                jasvan70
                                                                                                                  @jasvan70

Wow I see all the old gang is here….mary, Cindy, rocky, Michele, Jemar rnd so many others. Let’s get the coffee going and get this party started. Going to be an interesting tax season for sure!

• #4092565
                                                                                                                  MsTiff
                                                                                                                    @mrstiff

Hi Jasvan70 and Rocky38! I remember you from last year. Can’t believe it has been a year already. I got my w-2 today and tested out HRB, TurboTax and Taxact. TurboTax gave me the best refund because they said the insurance penalty was waived but the other 2 tried to charge me $100 because my husband didn’t have insurance last year. Also HRB tried to charge $9.95 because schedule EIC was not available on the FRee edition. What crap. I used Turbo Tax last year and was not disappointed so I happy to stay with them again this year. I was so tempted to hit submit but I do need to wait on a form 1099 from selling some company stock thru my job. I only sold a little over $400 last year. Does anyone think it would hurt me if I didn’t claim it?

• #4092551
                                                                                                                    NYCteachermom

Im reading everyone’s responses and I can’t wait to get my W2 next week (hopefully). I have all the information stored in TT and am just waiting to do the income part. I hope to get my refund on the 5th. It’s that a realistic goal?

• #4092548
                                                                                                                      Heather L
                                                                                                                        @heather-l

*Waves* Popping in to say Hi (and bookmark ;) ) — ready for the new year of crazy. Hopeful that this year is smoother then last!!!!!

• #4092547
                                                                                                                        ebony2013
                                                                                                                          @ebony2013

Filed through freetaxusa.com for the first time!

• #4092544
                                                                                                                          tmerwin10
                                                                                                                            @tmerwin10

Just filed through TT, hoping all goes smoothly. Child tax credit and education credits. keeping fingers crossed

• #4092543
                                                                                                                            Anonymous

Just filed mine through freetaxusa. Hoping for a smooth process.

• #4092542
                                                                                                                              sharonmarie82
                                                                                                                                @sharonmarie82

I’m ready! Just filed with tt. Last year mine were delayed with the whole Tennessee hub mess, but nothing major! Hoping for another smooth year for all of us! I don’t know what I would do without you guys!!!

• #4092511
                                                                                                                                DebMom
                                                                                                                                  @despmom

Ready, filed, and biting bails lol metaphorically anyways. Didn’t know I could get an education credit for kids in college on grants

• #4092503
                                                                                                                                  Danserusse

Filed 1/6/15 Freetax USA, EIC, child tax credit. Here’s hoping for a smooth year!

• #4092502
                                                                                                                                    Aaron

I noticed someone said they were not going to file for the education credits because it may delay their return. Is there something I haven’t heard about causing a delay in processing a return? It didn’t tell me on Taxslayer it would cause a delay.

• #4092501
                                                                                                                                      Anonymous

One thing I did not do because I was afraid of being delayed is the Education Credit, american opportunity. My son is a college student and all his tuition and room and board is paid by scholarships/grants, however I do pay his books,computer, expenses. I did qualify for 1000 credit but I did not take it I was so scared of being delayed, etc…. So I’m bummed about that since I could’ve used that extra grand, who cant? But oh well, maybe I can amend it. What proof would I need? We dont get the 1098 form since his education is paid for with untaxed dollars.

• #4092500
                                                                                                                                        Anonymous

Just filed TT, eic and child credit. I did the free version, since mine is simple. Hopefully it’s a smooth process…..now the waiting begins and stalking all the pages, lol!!! This is my first year filing this early, so I hope I made the right choice. I usually filed right when the irs “opens”….or the night before and I’ve been accepted then.

• #4092499
                                                                                                                                          Yaminah

I have most of the information ready. Im going to wait until the 20th so I dont get caught into trouble like otgers did last year. At least I can have it on the 1st date.

• #4092497
                                                                                                                                            Anonymous

Forms for eic were there today it went through but asked me some weird question on some worksheet I’ve never seen before. Answer was zero so hoping it won’t affect anything. Never submitted this early before but want it in and money back lol.

• #4092496
                                                                                                                                              becky

I just entered as much as I could. I am debating about submitting it. Last year I remembered people who submitted early having issues of it being held up once they opened. What do you think? Should I submit it,to be held in queue for when IRS opens???

• #4092491
                                                                                                                                                waitinginkansas
                                                                                                                                                  @waitinginkansas

forgot to log in I am rob in kansas

• #4092490
                                                                                                                                                  rob in kansas

year 3 as well tons of fun waiting with you guys last few years. filed fed and state just now may the ride begin

• #4092489
                                                                                                                                                    Cindy
                                                                                                                                                      @cindy

Mine just went thru as well…. HOOORAAAAH !

• #4092485
                                                                                                                                                      Danielle

Just e-filed with Taxact, use it every year and have no problems at all! Here’s to hoping we have our money in 3 weeks!

• #4092482
                                                                                                                                                        Anonymous

Turbo tax wouldn’t let me either. Said the eic forms won’t be ready till the 8th and nys til the 16th. Hoping the nys won’t delay them at least accepting my federal tomorrow

• #4092488
                                                                                                                                                            DebMom
                                                                                                                                                              @despmom

Try again I just filed with TT simple 1040 with two dep and EITC and forms were there. It went through

• #4092478
                                                                                                                                                            Janelle

Just e-filed with Tax Slayer….I hope I make one of the test batches for an early refund! (crosses fingers)

• #4092477
                                                                                                                                                              Anonymous

Yes! Im ready for the adventure with you guys!! :) 3 years strong!!

• #4045468
                                                                                                                                                                Tina1001

Just got refund in August for 2013,. Hope this year is a little smoother.

• #4045467
                                                                                                                                                                  domdee2
                                                                                                                                                                    @domdee2

Yes ready willing and able

• #4045466
                                                                                                                                                                    lolalucy
                                                                                                                                                                      @lolalucy

Ready and filed through TaxSlayer this morning! Hoping to get in early with the hub testing.

• #4092480
                                                                                                                                                                        pat

did you get thru to e file turbo tax will not let you e file till the 8th

• #4092484
                                                                                                                                                                            pat m

hr let me go all the way thru today.

• #2610510
                                                                                                                                                                          Anonymous

Definitely ready. Mine are ready through turbo tax just waiting until they say it’s ok to file. Something about eic forms not being ready yet

• #2610509
                                                                                                                                                                            John

I’m so ready this year. Filed early last year and irs took slightly longer to accept but all was well. Has anyone efiled through tax slayer yet? Finished my federal and was asked if I’m ready to efile. Not sure if I should wait till irs actually opens this year or just do it now.

• #2610505
                                                                                                                                                                              Caseyk

I have a question. I owe about 300 on a student loan to my state that is to be offset. When I call the federal offset number the debt is listed. I am certain they told me they would only take my state return as it should well cover it and then some. Why would they offset my federal as well? When there is an offset, does it take a longer time to get your refund? Thank you.

• #2610503
                                                                                                                                                                                Cindy
                                                                                                                                                                                  @cindy

Honey I was born ready….lol

• #2610500
                                                                                                                                                                                  Timberowl

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Tax-Season-Opens-As-Planned-Following-Extenders-Legislation-2014

“The IRS will begin accepting tax returns electronically on Jan. 20. Paper tax returns will begin processing at the same time.”

http://www.irs.gov/Refunds/What-to-Expect-for-Refunds-This-Year

“The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. . However, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer.”

Ohhhhh it’s just the WAITING I can’t stand!!!!!!!!

• #242009
                                                                                                                                                                                    JessO
                                                                                                                                                                                      @jasvan70

It sounds like things are on schedule. No one really knows the starting date. I have read. Most likely by Jan 20th but have heard mid Jan is possible.

• #24826
                                                                                                                                                                                      Akpmommy4

I am soooo ready. I am doing my warm up exercises as we speak!! Igmr always helps take the stress out of the process so now that I’ve added the page to my bookmarks,… LET’S GO!!

• #24808
                                                                                                                                                                                        Rod

What are the starting dates for this year?

• #24807
                                                                                                                                                                                          Jbishop1001

I’ve been ready for a long time, YES!

• #24805
                                                                                                                                                                                            Anonymous

Hey Jasvan!!! Doing some stretching and warmups for the upcoming tax season lol trying not to catch a cramp lol

Viewing 86 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                          • The forum ‘2015 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.