Anyone did a amended return??

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Anyone did a amended return??

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by danab.
  • Topic Starter
    Kayla

I am doing mine this weekend at a tax office because the original one was audited . I found out from the IRS that the girl that did my original taxes, made a TON OF MISTAKES! smh.
      So, now I have to suffer thru this. Does anyone know how long realistically it takes the IRS when you FAX a amended return? I know they have to say it could take 3 months but has anyone gotten it sooner? This is the worst tax year ever!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        danab

okay, so I filed an amended return this year as well as last year. Last year it showed up as being received right at 3 weeks. Being this is the 4th week it has been gone I call the IRS and ask about my 1040x. The woman tells me that it takes 16 weeks for it to update on WMR. That is complete bull!!!! It clearly states that if it hasn’t been updated in 3 weeks to contact them. Well hello I just did that. She says that I have to wait the full 16 weeks before I call and it hasn’t been but 4 yet….grrrrrrr….I mean if it was in their system it would show it. So here I am wondering do I need to send another one in just in case it is missing. She says no to wait until the end of 16 weeks. Grrrrrrrrrr…

rhaineydazeagain

Filed 1/23. EIC, ACTC, CTC. Got 570 code 2/16 and my WMR has said being processed ever since. Got TA 2/23 stated my income didn’t match. Filed amended return, sent to TA and she sent to IRS 2/23. My transcripts have had 570 and 971 forever, but never received a letter. 3/11 my transcripts changed to 977 amended return received (2/23) and 971. 3/17 I received a letter stating the amended return had been adjusted (dated 3/13). My transcripts had not updated and WMAR stated no return filed. This morning I see all the codes for adjustments and changes…I do not have a 571 to release the freeze but I do have the 846 4/3.

Rhaineydazeagain

Ok…I have an update finally!
              Filed 1/24. Either, ctc, actc.one w2. After filing I received 570 code but no letters no info why. I got a tax advocate on 2/23. Was told my income didn’t match. Rechecked w2. I transposed 2 numbers in one if the boxes.
              I faxed my amended return and w2 to the TAS on 2/23. She faxed it to the irs the same day.
              3/10 my transcripts updated to amended return received 2/23. Today 3/16 I received a letter dated 3/14 starting my return has been adjusted. I do not have 846 yet on my transcripts but at least I have movement. I’ll update when something new happens.

rhaineydazeagain

Filed 1/23. I had my amended return faxed 2/23. Original return had incorrect income amount. I got a TA on 2/23, she said I should amend because i have the 570 freeze. So I faxed her my stuff that day and she faxed it in to get a date stamp. Friday 3/10 my transcripts updated to amended return filed, dated 2/23. TA said IRS takes up to 16 weeks, and she might be able to cut that time in half. So far, nothing. My transcripts (and the IRS) says 971 letter sent, but I have not received any letters. EIC, ACTC, CTC, one w2. Still waiting…

Christy0111
                  @christy0111

i filed an amended return last year and it took about a month and a half to get the refund. Of course this year things seem to be taking a lot longer but good luck!

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.