Anybody with deposit of refund today????

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Anybody with deposit of refund today????

• Topic Starter
    AlizinOh

Just wondering if anybody has received their deposit today yet?

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        duncan
          @duncan

probably after your offset appeal has finished, since it didnt come today.

Leanne Lake

My taxes were approved on February 18th and I have a deposit date for the 23rd. But I have a offset that I’m disputing from dept. Of Ed. It gives me the amount that I filed but hasn’t been sent yet and its the 23rd already. Do you think I will get my refund?

Nisha

Have not received anything from RushCard as of yet DDD 2/23 still no pending deposits has anyone received anything today.

Ellie

Eh. Throw all the shade you want… I gotz tough skin. Lol

Used to it…work for a financial institution. We are ALWAYS to blame!

Hope you getz yours extra early after the long wait.

Jennifer Echols

Also, my third bar never updates before I get my money…. I know you’re not relying on that are you??😎😎

Jennifer Echols

@ Ellie,

I use Rush card and I ALWAYS, EVERY YEAR, EVERY TIME get my refund 2 days early. I’ve been using them for 5 years and EVERY YEAR EVERY TIME, I get my refund 2 days early. Just because YOU haven’t experienced some thing, doesn’t mean it’s not true… I hate it that yall get on here talking like you’re right about everything. Your situation has NOTHING TO do with mine or anyone else’s…. I just thought I would say… but as a side note, due to tomorrow’s holiday, I expect it to be one day before or on the day of. Also, my paychecks also come two days early😊😊 No shade, just expressing my thoughts..

Ten1seven

@John

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Walker

I don’t know what to expect from the irs . One tax year I got. My money and the irs never updated , it was sitting in my accouname n I didn’t even know it, I never get my taxes when my ddd says , I always get in early. Maybe because netspend post Prenotes when they get them ,Idk what happened this time 😤😤😟

john

@Ten1seven

Most Prepaid cards offer teller assisted transactions via walking into a bank with card and photo id matching the card can withdrawl up too 5k in most cases

Netspend
                          Over-the-counter Cash Withdrawals $4,999.99 every 24 hours

Bluebird
                          Cash Pickup Powered by Ria®
                          Cash out up to $500 $3
                          Cash out $500.01 – $900 $6
                          Cash out $900.01 – $2,900 (tax refund only)**** $9

Ten1seven

@nikki

Thanks, I’ll look into that one.

hiloshark

Dont ever just use the WMR to see if funds get sent. In years past , ive gotten my DD and the WMR never updated. Use WMR till bar 2 and get your date. then use the SBBT website or whatever 3rd party your preparer uses. WMR has become useless in the later stages

Nikki

@ten1seven. I use Chime no fees use BoA machines $5000 daily spending limit plus round up bonus if you spend 2.80 it rounds up to 3 putting extra in savings account then on Friday you get a bonus for your roundups. Paydays are 2 or more days early as soon as money info is received they make it available. Wonderful card!

Ten1seven

Hello fellow taxpayers, I have a question about the prepaid cards. I’ve wanted to use them because of the benefit of getting my refund early, however I never do because I don’t like fees. How would you be able to take out large sums? Is there a limit to how much you can take out per day? Im considering biting the bullet and just getting one next year…

tequila

filed 2/4
                                    accepted 2/5
                                    all credits
                                    DDD 2/23
                                    nothing in BBVA compass bank yet. Ive never rcvd early.

Yolanda

Some pre-paid debit cards like Netspend, Rush, the Walmart card, does not hold deposits as traditional banks do, funds are released as soon as they are posted. That is why some people are saying they receive their refunds before the date set on WMR. And yes, these prepaid cards are FDIC assured.

Jeff

Hello, I have a DDD for 2/23. Filed om 1/30 accepted 1/31.

Every year since they came out with netspend I have gotten my return early. So for all u guys who think gettin ur DD early is BS get u a card and find out next year for yourself. The money usually shows up close to midnight, although in 2014 mines came about 7pm est. so with that being said it should hit my account on Tuesday because every DD i get comes in 2days early… MY COWORKERS get paid friday, I have my paycheck every Wednesday by 5:45pm… GO NETSPEND!!!

Vman

People will usually see their deposit before wmf updates 99% of the time. This is because the actual wmf website really updates twice a week ( Wednesday & Saturday) if your deposit date falls somewhere in between it will be in your account before you’re actually notified that it’s been sent. My refund was deposited on February 14 this year but the update to my wmf didn’t occur til this Saturday morning 18. So when it says approved start checking because banks issue credits to your account differently.

jakeinga

The first time I filed an income tax return I was 13, and it was 1986. I was living overseas, and filed by mail via the military postal service. I got a $250 check from the treasury in June. I had almost forgotten about it.

Since then Direct Deposit and electronic filing have become the standard. I have been using those methods for 25 years or so. For the last twenty years I have been using an account at Bank of America (it was Nations Bank when I opened the account). In those twenty or so years the money normally shows up the day before the IRS “will receive by” or that day. It has never been later than that date (although one year it came late in the afternoon of that date).

Sure, when the DDD is on a Sunday or holiday I have gotten it on the Friday or Saturday before, but that isn’t happening this weekend. My DDD is 2/22, and given that tomorrow is a federal holiday, I fully expect the deposit on Tuesday or Wednesday.

A few years ago I somehow convinced myself I was going to get my refund on a particular date, and spent accordingly. Naturally I was off by a week, and ended up broke and in a bad way that year waiting for the refund. I learned my lesson, do not spend as if you have your refund until you actually have it.

Ellie

For the perpsewith the DDD date of the 23rd….

Have you checked wmr to see if your 3rd orange bar is lit yet? You can’t receive something if it hasn’t sent yet..just saying.

I have never received my funds earlier than the stated date. Never.

Now I could see them pend to my checking account ( credit union) but they have never posted early. Never. Not once.

Sometimes… If sent on a Friday… For a Monday or Tuesday DDD…I could see them pending all weekend. But they have never been available till the specified date. Never.Not once.

No bank or credit union that follows Fed Regulation and is backed by FDIC and or other is going to thwart the guidelines.

Ima 23rd DD so I expect to see my funds pend on Tuesday and be available on the 23rd…latest the 24th.

I can’t get something that hasn’t sent.

Kourtnee

I also have a DDD of 2.23…….
                                                In prior years, mine has always been deposited 1-2 days before what it said on WMR. Not sure if that will be the case this year because of the holiday, but that is how it has been for me. I had mine sent to my bank account….so I know they hold things sometimes.
                                                I will update when my refund is showing on my account.

me

Exactly but someone put they don’t know of anyone who got the dd early well with those cards u do

Angie

@me The only people I am seeing that are getting their deposits early are people that are getting it on some pre loaded card, not a real bank account.

Angie

@wilson I am with you, my deposits are never early into my bank account. I only have 3 days to wait, my bills won’t explode in that time LOL I will post if I do get anything early. Good luck everyone.

me

There are many cases of ppl getting the refund a day or two early depending on how it’s deposited

wilson

@angie I don’t know what has made people believe that they will get a dd before there ddd.

for me, its ALWAYS, WITHOUT EXCEPTION, been on the day they give you..20 plus years in a row..

Angie

No refund for me. I got a DDD of 2/22..still waiting. Why do a lot people think they are getting their deposits Monday or Tuesday, that would be earlier than the WMR date online? Do they normally deposit the money before the date?

In the past they always stuck right to the date. Had anyone got their deposit early in the past week?

Corvette

Received a ddd of 2/23 and I did file with EIC. It’s about time!!

Sam9

@jace3645

Thanks a lot…atleast it is reassuring …getting it is another story…I am not checking gonna get some sleep and hope!!! I filed with TT for the first time should have paid upfront, did not know about delays in filing if you wanted the fees off the refund amount..

Thanks…

jace4655
                                                                  @jace4655

Sam,

I don’t think you’re expected too much here. I filled and was accepted on 2-6 and received a DDD of 2-23 this morning. So, assuming our returns were similar, I would think it’s reasonable to get an update tomorrow morning.

Either way, good luck!

KMD

Mine updated 2-18-17 with a DD 2-23 Filed Jan 15th had EIC and had to wait

Sam9

@Katie/@Alicia/@Ray/@Karen

Did u all file in Jan? Am I expecting too much too early I only filed on 02/07 11:58PM and got accepted on 02/08 12:05AM..

Just curious…

Karen

Wells Fargo is open on Monday February 20th. Hopefully it will go in Moday or Tuesday.. I have direct deposit date. I’m happy with that 😂

• #4178984
                                                                        Alicia

I just got my ddd today for the 23rd..expecting to see it by next Tues or weds though

• #4178982
                                                                          Katie

Got my date today. I will probably get it Monday. Finally :)

• #4178961
                                                                            Me

Just remember that monday is a federal holiday and the federal reserve is closed even if some banks are open.

• #4178947
                                                                              Dana B
                                                                                @danab63

No, unfortunately!

• #4178845
                                                                                RayC
                                                                                  @rayman70

Got a feeling its gonna be Monday or Tuesday at best.No big deal…its almost here,THANK GOD.

• #4178842
                                                                                  Nobody

I’ve seen a few people posting they got deposits on net spend but very few . Nothing yet for me

• #4178836
                                                                                    Jackie S.

Nope

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                  • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.