AMENDING OR NOT TO AMEND THAT IS THE QUESTION

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season AMENDING OR NOT TO AMEND THAT IS THE QUESTION

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Rachel.
  • Topic Starter
    waiting

I have been told not too amend wait till it processes then recently to amend then not too, who is amending who is not? Cant get a TA to call me back this is terrible.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Rachel

@Angeleyes67 the TA I spoke with told me that the IRS will not issue a refund from my original return because of a discrepancy in my wages filed vs. wages reported. She said I would have to amend.

Angeleyes67

I amended my taxes last month after I got my refund. The IRS rec’d the amended form on 2/26. I checked my transcript today and it shows a refund dated of 3/30/2018. It’s best t wait after you receive your refund.

Rachel

Well…they say it takes 16 weeks to process an amended return but I’m starting to think that will be faster than this bullsh—. I contacted a TA and did an amended and she said it would take a month but I’m not holding my breath for that either. This is a joke.

waiting

I have no idea transcripts never changed from that 3/5/2018 date originally filed 1/29

Rachel

WHen is your review going to be up?

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.