AMENDED RETURNS with REFUND DUE

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season AMENDED RETURNS with REFUND DUE

• This topic has 5 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by RPzerep.
  • Topic Starter
    tnmom

Has anyone received their Amended Return refund? HR Block did my taxes incorrectly and I had to file an Amendment. The IRS shows the amended return was received on Feb. 22, but I have not had any movement since then. The website also states now that the processing time could take up to 16 weeks. That is a long time to wait for a mistake.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        RPzerep

I filed mine and my fiance and mailed at the same time. 1040X sent 02/22/16 WMAR shows received on 02/26/2016 for both. 03/25/16 adjustment stage for my fiance none adjustment for mine. Check received 03/26/16 for my fiance. In this case, both have been filed and received by IRS with the same date. No clue of whatsoever how IRS process amended retur

tnmom

@Dom I cannot get a tax advocate because I am not in a hardship need. I do know that some have posted they received their refund last Friday, so I am not sure how true the not processing until after the April 18th deadline is.

tnmom

Sounds great. I will for sure let you know. I know that some have also said that they did not get an update through the IRS website until the day they received there check. Hopefully it will be soon.

nikki

hey i have the same received date. Update when you get your payment. I think we update this Friday and check next week by Wednesday. I am in a group on Facebook and payments come a month after received date.

Dom

@tnmom Yes it can take up to 16 weeks and from what I was told the IRS does not start processing them until after the deadline April 18th this year. You should of gotten a tax advocate bc going thru them it will only take 4 weeks. I had to ammend my return I have a TA and she told me it will take approx. 4 weeks bc I am going thru her.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.