Amended return tracking

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season Amended return tracking

• Topic Starter
    Terry D.

Let’s note when our amended tax return was sent, acknowledged as received by WMAR, status changes and checks received in the mail.

Mine was sent 2/24/2017. WMAR hasn’t updated but by calling IRS, found out that it was received 2/27/2017. I have no other information at this time.

Who’s next?

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Marcia Leventhal
          @marshmey

well i called the IRS since it said it was processed and completed like everyone told me to. I called the EXACT NUMBER AND EXTENTION AND FOUNd out nothing. except:
          Even though it says my ammended return was adjusted june 23rd in their system it says JULY 13TH. They said nothing has been issued to me (no check or letter). They said since they just did it i need to wait 2-3 weeks from that date. It is now one week.
          She had no access to see if i m getting money back but i know i am.
          Meanwhile the irs took money from my 2016 refund to pay a past due amount so now i know the 2013 and 2014 ammended returns in which im getting the approved HCTC (THEY APPROVED IT FOR THE LATER RETURNS JUST NOW–I needed to get all the proof and documentation together so have been late on taxes) im all caught up. since they took from 2016 refund they owe me free and clear the 2013 and 2014 refunds for ammended returns.
          It all seems to be hovering on this July 13/14 date don’t know why. should i get an attorney?

Marcia meyers

i ammended 2013 due to a hctc. owed over 6k. it was sent and received april 13, 2017
            it was adjusted june 23. they said ill get notice in 3 weeks. still nothing
            i filed 2015 late due to gathering hctc info and backed paychecks to proove eligiility
            i filed that a month ago and filed 2016 all with HCTC. STILL NOTHING JUST STATE RETURNS’
            I ALSO AMMENDED 2014 THEY RECEIVED IT BUT THAT’S ALL.
            WHY HAVE I NOT GOTTEN THE CHECK FOR 2013 IT WAS ADJUSTED JUNE 23

Liz S

Amended return was received on march 27th. Still no adjustment

Tricia

My amended return was received on 3-23-17 and finally adjusted on 6-2-17. Hoping that means they mailed a check but who knows.

DEDE

Great news!!!! So I called my TA today and had no luck so I called her SUP and she advised me that I would have a DDD of 05/3/2017!!!!!!!!!!!! I have waited SOOOOOOOOOO long to get an update for a DDD on the account I PRAISE GOD for the increase!!!! I HOPE THAT YOU ALL GET YOUR DDD as well! GOD be with you all! :)

dede

I sent my tax return in on 1/18/2017 went through the whole wait until after feb 15th to be process due to the EIC/CTC and after that I found out I needed to call and id verify, after calling in since it was taking forever…called and ID verified passed, but they advised me I STILL needed to make appointment to go into local IRS office to ID verify further. I made an appointment which was 3 weeks out -_- and verified only to see the person that did my taxes messed up my withholding amount! So I was advised I needed to file amended return. I then went back and filed amended return 03/16/2017 and sent it in ,then called in and they gave me TA due to hardship. the following week the TA called and informed me of docs needed sent the docs the next day and then never heard back from her again after calling for about 2 weeks! I finally talked to her SUP 04/17/2017 and was advise they adjusted the return last week. TA sup advised that I should know something in about 2 weeks about the date I will get funds but I’m trusting in GOD that I will just get a call from my tax preparer saying come pick up my check with no updates online like you @ Terry. D

Terry D.

Received my return 4/14, WMAR never updated. Checked it that morning and it hadn’t even showed that it was received. Today it still says that my information doesn’t match their records…

Chantellll

I filed my regular tax return Jan 25th same 2 kids for the past 3 years.. got a letter mid February advising I need to call and verify my identity. During that process realized I made an error on my w2 so I had to do an amended return.. sent all documents (identity verification & my amended return) via certified mail it was received Feb 25. I didn’t hear anything from them and the website wmar seems to have no updates it gave me an 1800 # to call with a 3 digit extention. So I called April 1st they advised they sent a letter march 30th.. received the letter April 10th that said they have everything all problems are solved wait another 4-6 weeks while we process your return -___- just what the hell is processing now. So I called this morning and they advised me they don’t see a refund date for me but everything is solved…

Terry D.

As of today, WMAR still doesn’t even show receipt of my amended return. Called IRS and was once again told that their system shows it was received 2/27/2017. I asked why WMAR doesn’t show that, as it is advertised as being “up to date” but couldn’t get an answer…

TFlowers

I mailed an amended 2015 1040x, March 8th. Just checked WMAR, it shows received as of March 15th. In a perfect world, I’d hope to have a check (or in the mail) by mid May; trying to not think about it. Haha

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.