Additional Review

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Additional Review

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Steph.
  • Topic Starter
    Amber

Just got off the phone with the IRS and the lady said that my return is set back for additional review and to give it an extra 45 days. What does that mean? She said I didn’t need to submit anything just to wait. No letter and WMR says processing. Anyone else go through this? Do you think it will actually take 45 days?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Steph

So I called and was told it was put on hold as it is waiting for a response from a letter that should be received by the 27th. I haven’t gotten anything and the couldn’t tell me which letter *rolls eyes* I’m depending on this tax return and I have never had to go through this.

Bfbf

Means they are verifying everything you put on your return, if something doesn’t add up they will ask for proof. If everything adds up it won’t take long but if they need proof of something it will probably take longer than 45 days.

Stephanie

See this is why I’m too nervous to call. I want to believe they are telling everyone this so many people have gotten this response. I’ve never seen this happen like this.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.