ACCEPTED 1/19 This is for us……

• Creator
    Topic

tswan20
    @tswan20

Hello all. This is the forum for all who were accepted 1/19/16 so we can update each other on our progress.

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Viewing 50 replies - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,032 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Misty

I received my Direct Deposit date for this Friday around 4am this morning.

Anonymous

Accepted 19th. I bar. Cannot order transcripts. This is not good. Last year had my money in my account 6 days after filing. So pissed off!

JohnniesWife

Filed and Accepted 1/19, had one WMR bar until yesterday- Logged in and my one bar is gone, and a “we’re processing your return” message. Simple return so I don’t know if I should panic or wait to see if I have a DD in the bank on Friday.

Muggie

Filed around 8am through TaxAct on the 19th. Accepted by IRS around 11am on the 19th. 1 bar on WMR since the 19th. No update yet and cannot mail order my return transcript.

Tr

[email protected]

Alph please may I get proof?

DebbieT

It’s 4:38am here on West coast and no DD for me. Still not approved.

Noelle

I have had nothing going on no bar movement, not able to order transcripts, filed and accepted on the 19th. I am wondering if it is possible to have an offset that doesn’t show up on the offset hotline?

La.ti.da

Filed 1/14, accepted 1/19. No dd for me this morning. :-(

Anonymous

I just got a DD of 1/29/16
    There is no way to post a picture here so if anyone need proof give me you email address and I will send to the 1st 5.

Kaylee
    @kaylee

@chiinadollmimi It means your return is currently under review.

chiinadollmimi
    @chiinadollmimi

Hey, did anyone’s wmr bars disappeared. I seen @craig said the same. What does it mean?

Anonymous

why is everyone expecting updates tonight in particular?

Craig

I just had my return transcript for 2015 pulled and mailed to me. Hopefully this is good news! However I’ve not received the thank you email from tt yet, but I’m hopeful that my dd will be in soon. Got a trip to Florida next week and could really use the extra funds.

DebbieT

Last year, I filed on January 23rd, was accepted on January 25th, and got my DD on February 9th. Since I filed and was accepted on January 19th this year, I’m hoping to get my DD this Friday. Still only says “accepted” though and not “approved” so I guess tomorrow will tell…

Anonymous

I filed on the 18th and was accepted on the 19th still at 1 bar and can’t order my transcript either, hoping mines will update tommorrow

Anonymous

Alphonse,

I went online and it allowed me to mail order my 2015 transcript so hopefully that’s mean something.

I filed and was accepted on 19th
    Wmr only 1 bar

DRed

This from someone on another post. I hope this helps:

AndoCalrissian

Participant

I attempted to order my transcript yesterday via phone from an IRS agent, the agent told me that a transcript for 2015 taxes cannot be ordered until the return is processed. well low and behold of an hour ago I can now order my 2015 tax transcript online. I would have to believe this is related to gears turning behind the scenes. I am guessing we will see an update to WMR late tonight for DDD

Didoo

Hmmm let me see yes last year I received my money in my account on a Tuesday 2/10/15 I remember because there was lot’s of talk the week before about transcripts and the one’s that had transcripts viewable with code 860 had gotten there money the next day and anytime shortly after that I couldn’t order transcripts the first few days of the 7 day process time from opening day but it was either a day or 2 after I got my transcript my money was in my account and that was a Tuesday transcripts are done in real time and can be available anytime of day mine around 4 am that week threw it all I got only to 2nd bar on wmr lol I was scared I wouldn’t get my money for a few more days when I saw that republic Bank had my funds but I got it around 4am day of Tuesday they had it since Monday early twilight hours. Took 20 days last year I hope doesn’t this year. One year only took 5 days for my refund in hand

Hilz

I was accepted on Jan 19 and I expect my update tonight at 3am and I am hoping for my DD on Friday. Last year I filed on Jan 22 and my DD was on Friday, Jan 30. Good luck everyone!

Anonymous

I attempted to order my transcript yesterday via phone from an IRS agent, the agent told me that a transcript for 2015 taxes cannot be ordered until the return is processed. well low and behold of an hour ago I can now order my 2015 tax transcript online. I would have to believe this is related to gears turning behind the scenes. I am guessing we will see an update to WMR late tonight for DDD

Skettleb

Skettleb

Anonymous

It’s now the 26th, anyone approved yet? I filed and was accepted on the 19th, and it hasn’t been approved yet?

mr.shy

I filed on 1/8/16 and got accepted on 1/11/16 i filed with turbo tax and only got one bar o refund date say 29-1…and that year i got my money the same day they started accepting and only had one bar my bar didnt change into a week later

MCRT88

Correction:

* ALWAYS rolls out the Weds *OF* the 2nd week, after tax season starts (tomorrow)*

MCRT88

@amie – It sounds to me like a standardized e-mail that gets sent out to multiple people. It probably says “You Qualify” and then you actually go through the motions and it eventually leads you to a place to set up DD..
    On the other hand, based on past experience with friends, other people online and myself, the first batch of WMR updates ALWAYS rolls out the Weds on the 2nd week after tax season starts (tomorrow) and the first DD’s are always the Friday after that (this Friday). In the past, I have heard of QUITE A FEW Netspend users getting their money on their card as early as the Weds that WMR updates or the day after (1-2 days before their DDD).. SO, theoretically, depending on when you filed and were accepted, you could possibly have your money on your card as early as tomorrow or the day after. Either way though, if you’re in the first batch of DD’s it’ll be Friday at the latest. So don’t fret, it’s coming! :)

brideofchaotica2
    @brideofchaotica2

@amie I get those emails every few months from netspend, but I rarely use my card. There are only deposits on it every other month in amounts of anywhere from $20-$100 but the emails always say that I qualify for the overdraft option because of depositing over $500 in that month but there is never a deposit in that amount. Even during tax time I send my refund to my bank account.

amie

I have a question if someone could help with an answer please. I went through TT and ordered the Netspend card to have my refund deposited to it. Yesterday I got the card and called in to active the card. This morning i got an email stating that i qualified for the overdraft option because i had deposited at least $500 this month with my direct deposit . Which is impossible i only have it for the refund. Could there already be a pending deposit that the system is picking up?? What do you think? Thanks

MCRT

BOTH Me and My Fiancee filed with TurboTax
    I filed 1/19 at 1PM / My Fiancee filed 1/19 at 4PM
    I was Accepted 1/19 at 1:44PM / She was Accepted 1/19 at 5:12PM
    STILL 1 bar on WMR for both / Neither of our bars have disappeared
    Both SBBT says expected 2/9

However, the last couple years SBBT said something like that as well (about 20 days out from when we filed) and we got ours on the 30th last year. Just like with TurboTax, how it says 21 days from the date you filed, and then gives you a date, SBBT typically receives funds within 20 days, so they put that..
    So, with looking at ALL my past history and my fiancée’s, I am expecting everybody that filed 1/19 before the close of business or earlier to be getting refunds on the 30th. Last year, my WMR updated on the Weds (1/28) before my DDD (1/30).
    That is how it has ALWAYS been for the first round of DDD’s, because even if you filed early, your refund won’t be processed until the first DDD’s which typically includes some returns filed on the 1st & 2nd day of the season.
    Tax season starts, you wait for the first WMR update which it is always the following Weds (7-8 days) after Tax season starts, then the first DDD is always 2 days later on Friday. So we should see a WMR update with DDD’s 4-6AM Weds morning.. You WILL have your money on Friday (depending on your banks hold times)…

Then we will do all this worrying about the IRS “Taking longer than normal” and all of this impatience again next year because we love to get our money back and pay stuff off and buy things!!! What do they expect? I know It’s the only time of the year I have 8 grand all at once on top of my regular income.. Lol. :)

Craig

My Wmr bars disappeared this morning. Anyone else?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Can someone please let me know how to log on to SBBT’s website? Is there any information other than what we use when logging in to the WMR site that is required?

Many thanks.

Jen

DebbieT

My return was done using TT online and was transmitted January 19, 2016, 1:36 PM PST. It was accepted January 19, 2016, 2:34 PM PST. Still not approved as of today at 4:30 PM PST. For some reason, my return has taken almost the full 21 days for the last few years even though I am a retiree with the exact same 1099-R and standard deductions, as well as the same bank account direct deposit. Nothing has changed during all 12 years of retirement. I hope this year things change back to how they were a few years ago when I would get my return 7-9 days after filing. This is a great forum to find out what’s going on with others who file the same time I do. Good luck to us all!

lstewa2
    @lstewa2

Filed 1/17 and was accepted 1/19. I have 1 bar on wmr and sbbt states I should receive by 2/9. I hope it’s earlier than that.

Anonymous

kalassy,

Many thanks for the information and for your kindness!

All the best for a quick refund.

Jen

kalassy

Jen,

SBBT stands for Santa Barbara Bank and Trust. it is the bank used by the majority of big tax preparers. If you had filing fees and chose to use your refund to pay for those filing fees, SBBT handles the transaction to collect those fees for the preparer. So, you efiled, XXX company charged you maybe $XXX and you chose to have that fee come out of your refund instead of paying that fee upfront. Your refund will come from the IRS to SBBT first, they will collect what you owe in fees, and then SBBT will send the remaining balance to your bank account or prepaid card.

IRS officially doesn’t have refund cycle charts anymore. The charts circulating are basically an early collective educated guess on when the refund dates might be. The rumors about refunds on 1/29 is based off what we saw last year.

Keep in mind that with the IRS, anything is possible. You may get a happy surprise and have money in your account before WMR even updates, OR you could be left in WMR limbo and waiting waaaay longer than anticipated. Generally speaking, don’t get caught up in rumors and be disappointed. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Hope this helped.

Anonymous

FloridaJen

My first post so I hope to use the proper format:

Filed 1/19/16 early morning via tax preparer
    Accepted 1/19/16 within the hour

WMR shows one bar and Tax Topic 152

Based on the IRS website’s refund schedule chart, I am hoping to receive my DD to my bank on 2/5/16.

My question is this: I frequently see posts about ‘checking with SBBT to see if they show a deposit pending’. Can anyone please educate me about what this means?

Also, I’ve seen many posts from those of us accepted on 1/19/16 that seem to indicate – perhaps too hopefully – that some are expecting to see DD’s on 1/29/16. What is your opinion about a DD of 1/29 for those of us accepted on the 19th.

Many thanks! Posting from Miami Beach.

Daffney

IRS accepted on or after IRS accepted on or before Tax Refund Direct Deposit Tax Refund Check Sent
    Accepted on or after Accepted on or before Refund DD refund Check
    1/11/16 testing phase 1/19/16 1/29/16 1/30/16
    1/19/16 *Official 1/29/16 2/5/16 2/6/16
    1/29/16 2/5/16 2/12/16 2/13/16
    2/5/16 2/12/16 2/19/16 2/20/16
    2/12/16 2/19/16 2/26/16 2/27/16
    2/19/16 2/26/16 3/4/16 3/5/16
    2/26/16 3/4/16 3/11/16 3/12/16
    3/4/16 3/11/16 3/18/16 3/19/16
    3/11/16 3/18/16 3/25/16 3/26/16
    3/18/16 3/25/16 4/1/16 4/2/16

I didn’t feel like doing the rest, I hope this help. I tried to post the link, but I guess IGMR didn’t let it post.

nolimit06

1/19 Accepted with one bar… I hope I get it before the 31st. I need to get my timing belt replaced and new tires! There’s a sale on tires that I want to get in on. I drive close to 500 miles a week, so I need this money asap. Fingers crossed!

tswan20
    @tswan20

I have faith that Wednesday morning will be the big update like last year. I still have my screenshot from Wednesday the 28th at 4:11am LOL

Anna A
    @aarnone

FIled:1/19
    Accepted: 1/19
    1 Bar
    Topic 152 (Refund Information)
    Nothing further.

MoInTX

@Nara, no bars, just the Tax Topic 152. No change. I’m hoping if I’m under random review it’s resolved quickly. My return and refund are consistent with the last several years so hopefully I get an update soon. I try not to count on my refund but this year I NEED it lol

Mommadragon

Hey I filed early like the 11th or 12th and got accepted on 1/19 got an email for hr block and then wmr updated immediately. 1 bar accepted and generic message. I took a look at last year. I got accepted the day they opened for filing and my ddd was the 30th. Wmr didn’t update for me until after they had sent my money that Wednesday before my ddd. I got a text from my tax site saying it was sent. But alas the prepaid card I use held the funds until friday. This year they are advertising early dd for payroll so I’m hoping it goes for tax returns also. I have always filed online and early for the past 12 years and always have had a ddd within 10 days of acceptance except once 4 or 5 years ago I think it was there was a glitch in the system and I still had it within 3 weeks. Even if someone says they are approved with a ddd. There is no need to get hostile over it. I’m sure that’s exactly what they are trying to make people do if they are lying. Don’t give them what they want. Then there are the people telling us to manage our money better don’t depend on tax returns blah blah. I have kids and live in maine and don’t make alot. So ya. Hope everything goes smooth for all the NON mean vicious people!

James

Bars disappearing wasn’t a good thing for me last year. Didn’t get my ddd until the first wk of May. Needless to say I was devastated. I’m praying to God everything goes smoothly this yr. Don’t wanna scare you but wanted to as share my experience

minnie

filed 1/17 accepted 1/19 hoping for a deposit on 1/29,don’t know why,guess im in a hurry to spend it!

Rebecca

Every year for the last 4 ive had issues that hold my return up. And every year my bars disappear and it’s NEVER because I’m about to get a DDD always because I’m being manually reviewed for something. Last year was the better of the 4 because i recieved my refund in March instead of August and September from previous years. That we have received your return and it’s being processed message means there is something. It may be a minor hold up or a major depending on your situation.

kalassy

@Nara
    Bars disappearing doesn’t USUALLY mean you’re about to get a DDD. It CAN mean that, but it can also mean your return is under review or your return has been flagged for an identity theft issue. Bars can reappear the next day or several months later.

whats up

Your tax return is still being processed.
    A refund date will be provided when available is what mine says today. I filled on the 19th and the same day it showed accepted with 1 bar and today it changed to what is stated above with no bar and tax topic 152. Did anybody else do this and I hope there is not a problem.

Anonymous

MoInTX Did your bars disappear?? That usually means you will have a DDD tomorrow.

MoInTX

Filed with TT 1/19, accepted same day. Had one bar on WMR until today, now I have Tax Topic 152. Although TT says between 1/20 and 2/9, I’m not holding my breath…that’s just the 21 day window the IRS claims to average on electronic returns.

Viewing 50 replies - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,032 total)

The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.