60 days and counting…

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season 60 days and counting…

• This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Canes18.
  • Topic Starter
    Canes18

I’m not there yet but I was wondering if those who have hit their 60 days from the notice or gone beyond it would share their stories. What happens if there’s still no movement after the 60 days?

Viewing 18 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Canes18

Mine is coming May 9th also. It was released 4/26 and just showed up as released on my transcripts today. WMR hasn’t changed.

Jessica
            @jessicamluce

Today was officially my 60 day mark, I called and although no updates on WMR the really nice rep told me I will get my DDD on May 9th

Rachel

@daisy, I would not come back on here regularly of course but I would come on to tell everyone here that I was getting my refund and give them hope. I have only seen a few people on here that have gotten theirs finally.

Canes18

I meant hasn’t

Canes18

@jessica

Try to call. I called today because none of my stuff has changed at all and the rep said it was released yesterday and to allow 2-4 weeks.

Jessica

My 60 days is up today and am “Still being processed” ugh

daisy

don’t get disheartened because in a lot of these forums, i see the same thing. people vent and vent and vent but when they get their money they have no reason to come back on. so while it looks like nobody is getting their money when their 60 days is up, a lot of them are. Would you come back on this site if you got a couple k in your account? lol my 60 days will be up in two and a half weeks, ill come back and let you guys know. let’s not lose faith and yes they do suck. the least they can do is tell us why. good luck everyone <3

Christie

I’m at a little over 2 1/2 months. This will be the last year I’m getting a refund. I’d rather owe than go through this again. If you have a regular job that is easy to do, even if you get tax credits. There are plenty of videos of how to do it on YouTube.

I got my transcripts and they put my file date as April 15th. I think that is because that is when the processing clock starts for them. If they hold the refund over into June they start owing us interest. This is on their website. My processing date was April 2nd. That came and went.

Congress just passed a Taxpayer Act but it’s not enough.

Rachel

And the longer I am on here the more bleak it is looking. In the 2 months or so I have been following on here, I have seen maybe 2 people finally get the refunds. What in the h*ll is going on at the IRS??

Rachel

This is complete and utter BS. Everyone has been patiently waiting for their “reviews” to be up and here we are at the end no progress. People should be marching in the streets because of this crap. Who is holding them accountable for anything? They are just giving us all a line of sh** and there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

Chrissy1231

Our 60 days was up yesterday we called today and they pretty much told us there was nothing we could do. The rep was sending a request over to the department handling our taxes that the 60 days was up and they needed to contact us or release our refund. But we have to wait another 60 days the rep said it may not take that long but they have 60 days from today.

Christie

Filed and accepted 02/08
                                ID verify 03/10
                                Took a while to change over from “still being processed” to “being processed”
                                Got my transcripts in the mail this week….My processing date was listed as April 2nd
                                However, I am still waiting……………..

Jeannie

Mine was up yesterday so I’m trying to decide if I should call or not .. I’ve called twice before in the beginning and was just told to wait .. I tried to do my transcripts and I can only get so far and it says error I got them by mail but nothing changed .. my 60 days was yesterday ..

Canes18

@mkr I agree. I know I need to amend and the IRS will owe an additional $100 on my return but I was advised to wait until this was completed first as long as it doesn’t decrease the return.

MKR

@canes18

I have not contacted a TA either. I almost feel as though it would be a setback at this point, but who knows?

Canes18

Thanks. I was thinking about trying to call an advocate but I feel like it may be a waste of time. It would be fantastic if someone would notify people of what their issue is and what’s needed. My account hasn’t been touched since 3/12 per my transcripts.

TiredOfWaiting

From what in have seen on here and turbo tax forum that when u call they say they are sending a request for information to the rep reviewing your account and to please allow an additional 60 days from the date of your call to get a response. They are doing to much. My days are up on Thursday so I wi post my outcome when I call on Friday morning.

Canes18

@mkr

Mine is up May 01. I’m hoping someone can give me Insight on what to expect when I make that call because I highly doubt I’m going to have any movement before then.

MKR

Mine is up May 9. So maybe we will see.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                          • The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.