570 Code on Account Transcript

Home Forums Archives Under Review 570 Code on Account Transcript

• Topic Starter
    rhaineydazeagain

I filed 1/23, accepted 1/24. Ordered transcripts 2/8 and the codes were all good, just no release code. HRBlock. EITC, ACTC. one w2.

I updated to the PATH message and when that went away on the 16th, i had the processing message. The 17th, WMR states

“Your refund has been received and is being processed.”

the info on the left shows my refund amount. I checked transcripts on 2/16 and the 570 code is at the end.

No letters received. I called and the guy was rude in typical IRS fashion and would not give me more information.

The 570 code means refund hold. I should not have any offsets. I do know my return is in error because the final paycheck info was used instead of the w2 and it was off by about 2k.

Will the IRS fix this automatically? Will I need to file an amended return? If so, should I wait or do it now?

Anyone else have 570 code and can tell me what’s up with their return?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        confused
          @confused17

@rhaineydazeagain my situation is exactly the same. Can you give me the fax number you used. Also did you speak to a local TA

rhaineydazeagain

UPDATE:

I called a tax advocate. She said my refund is on hold (570) because the info i entered from my w2 did not match the info given from my employer. In retrospect it looks as though the income entered was from my last paycheck instead of the w2. Not sure what i was thinking.

I completed an amended return and faxed it into the advocate office today. I am told the TA will call me Friday. 2/24 and then fax my amended form to the irs.

Since the IRS would not tell me why I had the code or if there was anything I could be doing to speed up the process (ie “wait 30 days for a letter in the mail”) and (” cannot look into your account until after Jan 27″) I am very glad I called the TA. It would have been nice if they had just told me I needed to file an amended return.

I will keep updating here for others in the same situation.

carolina girl

If you received a 570 on your transcript that means your refund is being held and you need to contact them to fill out paper because they will not release it until they receive that paper

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Under Review’ is closed to new topics and replies.