1541 just spoke to IRS

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season 1541 just spoke to IRS

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Kimberly Walker.
  • Topic Starter
    UGH

So, just spoke to IRS. Good news, the wait time is only like 10 minutes. Bad news, this lady was less than helpful. I filed back in January, ID verified February 22nd. A day after I id verified, my WMR updated to 1541 take action. I decided to wait it out and not call. Well today I called. The lady took my info, looked up my account and came back and told me: When I ID verified, I was given a 9 week wait, Mid-April is 9 weeks from when I ID verified, either my WMR will update or I will receive a letter in the mail, If I don’t receive a letter or WMR doesn’t update by mid April, I can call back then. In other words, they arent going to tell me anything until mid april, so basically, I just have to suck it up and keep my eye on the mailbox and WMR.

Gee IRS, thanks for the help. It’s just my money, my refund.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
      Replies
        Kimberly Walker

Same here. I verified but before I did someone at the IRS put on my account that it wasn’t my return and every thing had to be reversed and now their saying 6 to 9 weeks and I’m only at 3 weeks

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.