1095-A and 8962 Fax to IRS? Anyone had to do this?

Home Forums General Discussion 2016 Tax Season 1095-A and 8962 Fax to IRS? Anyone had to do this?

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by 1095Screwed.
  • Topic Starter
    1095Screwed

I filled and was accepted on 1/21/16 and waited patiently for 21 days. Today was that day so I called at 7am to find out what was going on. So, I got word that I have to fax over my 1095-A and Form 8962 to the IRS because I left off that information on my return (I feel really stupid now but it is ridiculous as I just got married to someone who had a marketplace plan and I have had my own personal insurance from my employer for half a decade. Ugh!

Anyone have a timeline of when they faxed their information over to the IRS and when they got a DDD from the past or this year? I had plans for my yearly vacation that I take with my tax return on top of paying off bills and getting right but now everything is thrown for a loop and it looks like I have time off but no vacation. And I have to wait for this stupid letter from the IRS, I wish it was a bit more advanced like uploading the document to a server.

• The forum ‘2016 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.