Reply To: Post here if wmr says Your tax return is still being processed

Home Forums General Discussion 2018 Tax Season Post here if wmr says Your tax return is still being processed Reply To: Post here if wmr says Your tax return is still being processed

• Topic Starter
    ineedtoknow

Mine is still saying this..but it updated today with the refund amount on the side> This happen to anyone else?

See the Latest Replies to this Topic: Post here if wmr says Your tax return is still being processed

WaitingInWI

Just figured I’d update given recent questions.
      Filed later on Feb 9th accepted at 12:02am Feb 10th for federal.
      Had general accepted bar for about a week, received my wi refund.
      Bars disappeared and I knew I was in for it, hoped I wasn’t but here I am.
      Anyways called after my 21 days told I was being held for additional review and I “should” get a letter. So by now I’m a week into march order tax transcripts by mail 3/6 called a local ta who told me one of my w2s wasn’t showing on the IRS side it was actually quite confusing so I find my w2 call the IRS and am asked if I received my letter dated 03/05, I say I haven’t checked my mail as my car is illegal to drive and its over an hr one way she says well it basically just says your under review and to do nothing but allow up to 45 days for review from Feb 23rd. I mention the w2 stuff and she said whoever is reviewing my return can see that but not her and they would request by mail if I needed anything. Then i lost my job, transmissiom in reliable car goes out, the propane i assumed was on keep fill runs out and i find out its cash on delivery even though a month and a half ago they filled me and left a bill which i paid within a week. So i drive to get my last check and get pulled over 2 blocks from my old job and am then given fix it tickets within 10 days or sell it. Go get mail and all i have is transcripts which are date for 03/06 and have the 570 for 3/19 and 971 for 3/26. Call back wi ta and he tells me I should amend without that w2 I said it’d give me a bigger refund he said no it’d be smaller I checked the tax estimator and it was 2 grand more then I see that it could add 16 weeks. Call national ta and go through hours of hold and being talked out of applying for hardship by multiple reps, one who had even said it would take longer if I got help from a ta. Luckily one of the IRS reps basically told me to demand for it so I stuck to it finally got to an intake rep who said amending was a bad idea since everything was correct. The intake rep also made it seem like it could take longer using a ta “but if I wanted to try proving hardship she could make up the report” I told her I need whatever is going to get my refund fastest. She assigns me a ta out of Utah and tells me it’ll be 3 days for the ta to contact me. Day before the ta calls me I find the Utah offices fax and send in my w2 for the company that had the missing w2(coincidentally the one job I left on not the best terms) she calls and tells me she got the w2 and that is the one missing I ask if its employers fault and she says it could be or it could be the IRS hasn’t put it in the system yet. Tells me to send in any old pay stubs I can find( worked there 9+mos ago) I send in 4 from various dates and she also had me send in proof of hardship if I wanted to try getting it sooner than within 2 weeks. I send in everything weds. Don’t hear back. Call back Thursday and she called me back around 4 told me my bills are less than my refund so she asks if I want to ask for my bills worth asap and then wait possibly up to a month for the rest or wait up to two weeks for the full refund. I told her whatever is going to be faster. I assume she’s doing the two week deal she told me she has the 30th off so she’ll call me April 3rd if she hasn’t gotten a DDD yet. She also did confirm the IRS is very behind in uploading w2s which is basically causing a pile of reviews and also causing a pile of tax advocate cases. Hopefully I get my refund by April 3rd I’ll be sure to keep checking wmr(still no bars) and update when I can. Hope my story helps give a little insight as there’s A LOT of gray area on here, the IRS, and the ta’s. Good luck everyone. I hope everyone gets there refund asap especially those in hardships. Remember its your money. Use the tax estimators to figure out what to claim stop giving them an interest free loan every year for them to hold your refund for months before they even think of paying you interest. Ideally you want to zero out at the end of the year.
      Again best of luck!

• The forum ‘2018 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.