Reply To: CP05 got my DDD

Home Forums General Discussion 2017 Tax Season CP05 got my DDD Reply To: CP05 got my DDD

• Topic Starter
    Angelina

So I filed on 2/2 through TT.
      Went from the PATH message on 2/15 to processing which it still says currently. I called the IRS on Monday and Wednesday and was told both times I had a CP05 letter dated for March 13th. I haven’t received any letters. I called a tax advocate about an hour ago and she told me I have an 846 and my money is set to be released on 3/15. Has anyone had theirs come before the 846 date? I don’t even care that much at this point just glad its almost over with.

See the Latest Replies to this Topic: CP05 got my DDD

DFlores

Same situation for me too… I have looked so many places over the past month trying to get info on what to expect with a CP05 letter because I’ve never gone through this before. I did come across a thread (here I believe) where another poster spoke to someone at IRS who told them they just needed more time to process all of the PATH early filers and they were using the CP05 letter to basically give them the extra time needed. The IRS person had told them that they had it in the system to send out the letter dated 3/13/17 but hoped they would get them all processed before then and the CP05 letter would be moot. Seems to be holding true because I submitted and was accepted 1/17, given PATH message that went away 2/18 and was replaced with “processing your return” message. Was told by IRS 2/21 that it had been entered into their system 2/14 a CP05 letter would be sent out dated 3/13. This past Saturday I reluctantly checked WMR thinking I’d just be frustrated all over again and to my surprise I had a DDD of 3/15 and approved status finally. I think they’re finally getting through the last of the backlog. What a mess.

• The forum ‘2017 Tax Season’ is closed to new topics and replies.