POST YOUR ACTUAL TAX REFUND EXPERIENCE HERE: This is a “user to user” site and the primary mode of support is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. Admin and moderators are not always present or may not have answers to questions. Users becomes more informed when they are here often to read and comment. We call them Top Contributors. We are not a group of experts, merely individuals who have learned more than we ever wanted to know about the tax refund process.

1. Jones

My scheduled date is tommorow l exactly where are Florida tax refunds are being mailed from i stay in polk county fl

2. britanni brosius

Good to know. Thanks for the info, super helpful. Filling out forms is super easy with PDFfiller. Try it on your own here Injured spouse form and you’ll make sure how it’s simple.

3. Anonymous

IRS.GOV SITE SAID REFUND SENT BUT INSTEAD I GOT LTR 2645C KO.
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS ?

4. Anonymous

The site says my refund is processing. The IRS has had it for 6 weeks already. I filed a paper return and should be getting a paper check. Is this normal for it to take this long to process?

5. Anonymous

Treasury said my refund check was sent out today how long before i recieve my check in the mail?

6. Anonymous

My refund check was also issued on May 27 and I have not yet received it in the mail – has anyone heard any updates?

7. Anonymous

Someone please help it saids my refund check was mailed out may 27th when should I receive it in the mail being that Monday was Memorial Day ???

8. Mailed irs checks

OK so the IRS says my check was mailed out today may 27th 2016..when should I receive it?..will it really take 4 weeks??

9. Anonymous

Dey say dey fina mail mines on da 25th, so wen I’ma get it?? Any body kno?? How long do it take, I’ma be pissed if it’s long as y’all, sumbody say dey been waitin since March, I wuld snap boa

10. Mary

@Kcaz I was able to get thru back a ways, and I know several other people who have called and got info also, keep trying, I just tried but it told me I was calling after hours.

11. Anonymous

Please, if you have yet to do so and have RECENTLY filed, and you live in a complex and not a house or have a personal mailbox, go inside YOUR mailbox and stick a piece of paper in there with your name clear and legible. If your name is not inside the post the mailman WILL send your check back, for your own safety these are their policies

12. Anonymous

It has cow to my attention that one main issue that is causing drastic delays has more to do with the post office and not the irs. Information that I was NEVER told or informed of is that, if you live in an apartment complex, and share a post with a vast amount of other tenants, it is IMPERATIVE that your name be inside your mailbox. The mailman has a strict policy stating that if the name on the envelope did not match the name inside the post, your check will be returned to the irs and deemed undeliverable. This is exactly what happened to me. I filed on the 21st of March, my DD was rejected the 4th of April and was mailed to me as a check on the 8th. I never received it but was unable to call and get help until May 6th. They told me then, that a trace would be done in order to find my check and that I was going to be waiting another 6 weeks. Fortunately for me, the check made its way back to the irs, so no six weeks and My case was resolved on May 12th. They will now be sending a new check on the 25th. I pray I get it in May, but after all this I’ll be happy to get it at all.

13. Kcaz

@Anonymous: same issue here. The irs finally sent out a check to me on the first Friday after 10 weeks had passed. 10 very long weeks. Still haven’t gotten check in the mail yet and it’s been 6 days.

14. Refund checked mailed on 5/02 and still not received!

Filed my return on 4/15. My first time getting a live refund check since i forgot my banking info at time I filed. Never again! I will make sure I always do aw direct deposit!! IRS website says my refund check was mailed on 5/2, yet I still have not received it. I keep getting the run around. Reps are saying to call back if it’s not received after 30 days. Where is it being mailed from? MARS?!

15. Anonymous

I was told mine was maild out on the 13th. And they said it could take 3-4weeks to come. Does it really take that long?

16. I will see. the site said mailed Friday 5/14/16. wonder how long snail mail will take. I will do dd. for now on.

@I will see. the site said mailed Friday 5/13/16. wonder how long snail mail will take. I will do dd. for now on.:

17. I will see. the site said mailed Friday 5/14/16. wonder how long snail mail will take. I will do dd. for now on.

Debbie

18. Anonymous

I’m in San Antonio, I filed Feb. 15,2016, My direct deposit was rejected on March 2. March 22, I received a letter from IRS saying my refund is being reviewed and I have to wait 8 to 10 wks for a check. I verified my identity on April 6. Still no refund! Im going on 7 weeks since that letter!

19. ld

Efiled on April 14.. DD was supposed to be April 21. There was a mistake on acct number so it was rejected. WMR says they mailed my check April 29th.. It is now May 7th and still nothing.

20. Anonymous

My refund was mailed on the 29th of april and i still haven’t got it yet. What could be wrong

21. Anonymous

I filed taxes with magictax in jersey city.My refund is scheduled for May4th.Today is May4th should i go pick it up today?

22. Mary

If you want to know for sure that a check was mailed, call the US Treasury, they can tell if they received your refund from the IRS and when it was mailed/DD.
    (800) 826-9434

23. Anonymous

It’s has literally been 21 days since the day my check was mailed. Even subtracting every single Sunday since the 8th, today, may 3rd literally marks 21 days. That’s 3 full weeks, almost four if you actually do count Sunday’s. This is BEYOND ridiculous, I am starving, I have no electricity. I am counting on that check to get me on my feet and still NOTHING, I can’t even get a letter in the mail saying what’s taking so long. I’m going to be livid on the 6th when there’s still no check and NOW I get to call the irs, meaning I had to wait FOUR WEEKS, just to find out I have to wait some more. The IRS is grossly incompetent, I wish I could take my business elsewhere but this is all we have.

24. Anonymous

I called and talked to the irs the lady told me when a check is sent back its a process that could take up to 4 to 6 weeks and I should receive it sometime the first week of June??? what’s going on

25. Anonymous

@Anonymous: mine was mailed on the 29th and I got it on the 2nd of may today…came from Philadelphia and I’m in PA also

26. Anonymous

Wmr states check was mailed on 4/22/16. Checked the mail everyday since. Still nothing. Who can i call to check on status?

27. Anonymous

My WMR says that it was mailed out 4/22 I’m in PA so I’ll come back when I recieve my check and give you guys an accurate time from “mailed” status.

28. CSJ

I was adjusted on 4/15/16. I just called the number and the guy said that they haven’t mailed a check. Does this mean that they didn’t accept my request to amend my return?

29. Anonymous

@Anonymous: my check was maild 4/15/16 and i still have not recived it yet trying to b find out how long it takes i am and las vegas

30. Anonymous

So my check was mailed out 4/7 never received it I decided to call the number on here today…. they said it got return … I have no clue why my name and address are correct….. so now I wait… how long will it be

31. Still waiting Since Jan

Mine was sent 4/15 as well, and I am still waiting. It has been a long wait for my paper check. First DD rejected by bank, then I moved so my paper check was returned for address error, now it is finally going to my right address…I hope.

32. goodlett

They called me friday (my TA) and told me they were sorry it had taken so long that my original ta had quit and they were sending my check out that day. Which was 4/15. I never have had to get a snail mail check….but since we filed a IS form they told us it could not be dd. Anyone have an estimate of when we might recieve the check?

33. Natalia

For those who are still waiting. Irs said my check was mailed the 12th of april, i called this number 1 (800) 826-9434 pressed 1 and then 1 again. They ask for you ssn and name and they can tell you exactly when your check was mailed. Mine was actually mailed 2 days after the date irs told me. Good luck to everyone!

34. Anonymous

My check was mailed out on the first still haven’t received it. Just wondering if you guys have any updates

35. ChecksInTheMail

My refund was mailed on the 8th and I’m still awaiting it’s arrival. I guess it’s to be expected, based on what the rest of you are seeing.

36. @liciagotthejuice

Ok someone had been claiming my son since he was 1yrs old. The IRS sent a letter telling me to mail in my return and to send docs proving my son lives with me. Ok it took 5weeks for a response, they accepted my refund. They had done a direct deposit but for some reason my bank sent it back, so they mailed the check. Come to find out the person who prepped my taxes, had used the wrong city & zip for my address. Ugggh! They mailed my check April 1st. I changed the address March, 30th… It is now the 11th. Where is this mysterious check? How long does it take? Has anyone else had a similar situation?

37. NotSoPatient

@8962 saga: I called the IRS today and was told my check was mailed on the 8th.

38. Anonymous

@8962 saga: mine as well! Hoping that this doesn’t turn into a Long waiting game…

39. CodiMarie

@8962 saga: @8962 saga: yes me as well! I was told 2-3 weeks but my 8 weeks is up on the 15th (filed injured spouse form) others said theirs was mailed 4-1 and got their checks on that Monday!

40. Anonymous

@Anonymous: Did you receive your check- you said you were in Texas, as I am too! I missed a single number in my bank acct and it was returned to the IRS on 3/25. My WMR updated last night to a check will be mailed by 4/8. I had called the treasury this past week (3/28) and the man I spoke with told me the IRS had received it from the bank on 3/25 and at that moment they had not requested a paper check. I really hope it is sent out by 4/8 and not have to worry about where my refund is!

41. Anonymous

@QSunFlower: mine was mailed out on the 11th too and I haven’t see it yet did you get yours?

42. Anonymous

I had originally filed my income taxes on February 2nd. It was also accepted the same day February 2nd. After 21 days I still had not heard from the IRS. And then my bars went missing about 10 days in two or ten days after I actually filed. So I called the IRS and they told me that I was going to be receiving a letter because I had to do the 8962 and my 1095-a. I did not receive the letter until February 29th and then I actually faxed them back on March 1st. I then called them at least every other day to get an update and every time I called them they kept telling me that there was no information and they could not tell me if my fax was received. Finally I was able to get in contact with a very very nice lady and she explained the whole process to me and she did explain that they had received my fax and that it was going to be processed within 10 days. So one to 10 days came up last Saturday actually wmr did update to say that my refund has been approved however it stated that a check was going to be mailed out on March 25th. I called the IRS that Monday and I explain to them that I did have my direct deposit information because I have filed my taxes with TurboTax. After keeping me on hold for about 10 minutes IRS came back and stated that they had no direct deposit information therefore they have to mail the check which was scheduled to be mailed on March 25th. Well I’m happy to announce that this morning when I got up the wmr had stated that the check was mailed and 10 o’clock my mailman came and what do you think was in my mail was my refund check so there is light at the end of the tunnel is just a very long journey to get there but it will happen.

43. waiting in texas

After giving them the correct address I now have a new mailing date of March 30th! Prayerfully it actually comes!!

44. waiting in texas

My check was mailed out Feb 22 due to a rejected DD on.Feb 10 and Friday(March 18) I checked WMR and it let me know that my check was returned by the post office and to update my current address! Ugh bummer! But now I have a date of May 4 so hopefully it will finally come!

45. Anonymous

My status shows refund check was sent 3/17/2016. How long will it take to get n mail?

46. Lost WMR bars even though my refund had been sent on March 4th?

@Anonymous: mine said that yesterday, but now it is saying that my return is being processed even though it was sent on March 4th.

47. Lost WMR bars even though my refund had been sent on March 4th?

Filed on January 28th, accepted the next day. Got a letter stating I needed to verify, so I went through that process. The WMR tool FINALLY said that my check had been mailed on March 4th. Even though this has been a headache I’ve been patient and checked my PO Box every day since then. Woke up this morning and decided to check the WMR tool just to see if anything has changed and what do you know, it says “We have received your tax return and it is being processed.” I feel like there is something very sketchy going on. How was my refund check mailed to me on the 4th, but they’re now processing it again? And on top of that, I chose to have my refund direct deposited, not in the form of a paper check. If anyone has gone through a similar issue, please post something on here. This has been a nightmare. I’ve noticed that many people (including my girlfriend) who have been playing the waiting game all because we decided to use turbo tax.

48. Anonymous

@Anonymous: mine said same thing then on monday i check to see if anything changed and it doesnt show anything actually it says im entering wrong info.. Is yours saying that too?

49. Anonymous

@Anonymous: how long did it take for you to get your check? It says mine was supposed to be mailed March 18th today, how long do they usually take to get here?

50. Anonymous

@Anonymous: I also had issues with turbotax. I filed on the 22nd of january was accepted on 1/23 and my refund was just mailed 3/16 when i requested direct deposit. Then they have the audacity to keep emailing me about paying them for their services when i haven’t even received the refund yet.

51. Chavez

Am I the only one who’s still waiting for a check since Feb22nd. I called the irs today and I was told that I don’t have to verify anything that on record it still shows that my check is at the post office. Smh this is very stressful and if i dont receive it by the 21st I need to call back and they will start to trace it but thats a extra 6 weeks process.. this is very irritating

52. Anonymous

Filed on the 27th accepted on the 28th. 22 days later, got a letter stating I had to verify. Went through all that crap and wmr says my check was mailed on the 4th of this month and still nothing. Similar situation with my girlfriend. Won’t be using turbo tax anymore.

53. Addison

@QSunflower: Did you receive a check b/c the bank rejected your deposit or b/c you requested paper check? The reason why I ask is b/c my refund is scheduled to be sent on the 18th which is friday. Hopefully, I get it next monday.

54. QSunflower

I definitely wasn’t expecting to get it so soon. But I hope you guys get yours just as quickly!!

55. Anonymous

@Anonymous: So wmr stated the check was mailed on Friday March 14, 2016 and I received it today Monday March 14, 2016 much quicker than what I expected!

56. Anonymous

My check was sent out Feb. 26th and I still havent gotten it. It said to call on the 25th of March if I havent recieved it by then. I am located in LA, California. How long is it actually supposed to take through mail?

57. Delores.

I filed fed 10.been waiting for the bank DD now my check was rejected march 7th and its being sent out by mail march 18. WMR said I should expect my refund byApril15th. I hope not to wait that long.

What is odd? I checked Friday but its a whole week behind to be mailed out. I did research it says they have a tax office in Austin. I’m in San Antonio. Would it be mailed from Austin?

58. Anonymous

@QSunFlower: have you revieced your refund trying yo see when mine should be here. It was mailed on the same day.

59. Anonymous

Has any one recieved their check with the issue date of Feb 22nd that was having a problem with time. Because Im still waiting smh. I have til the 21st but this is taking forever.

60. Anonymous

@Anonymous: Wow that’s ridiculous! I hope it doesn’t take that long. My state taxes were also rejected… It only took a week to get those in the mail.

61. Anonymous

@QSunFlower: I really wish you a speedy time frame I have been waiting on mine since Feb 22nd..smh

62. QSunFlower

Wmr said my check was mailed out 3-11-16. Let’s see how long it takes to get to me…

63. Anonymous

Check mailed February 26, 2016 has yet to arrive by first classmail! This is ridiculous

64. Mary

Did you call the treasury to make sure it was even received by them, because ppl who had DDD ended up in review

65. Anonymous

@Sent date of 2/12….How long does it really take to get to flipping Florida: IRS playing games I live in New Jersey my check was mailed Feb. 12 and I still haven’t received it!!!!! smfh this is a nightmare. I have no idea why my DD was rejected because i received my state taxes and they didn’t reject DD. This year is a nightmare! Keep me posted I will do the same. I called the IRS they can’t trace check until March. 11 and that’s a six week process! smfh signing off disgusted…

66. Anonymous

@Chavez: Hi I live in New Jersey my check was mailed Feb.12 and still nothing!!!!!!!!! I caled IRS they can’t trace check until March 11 and that’s a six week process! smfh good luck they playing games this year! I have no idea why my DD was rejected but the state didn’t reject my DD and I have already received my state refund!!! Shame we pay taxes and can’t get our money! keep me posted and I will do the same

67. Pissed in Colorado

Call department of treasury, irs left my apt off, check was returned. Ask them to verify address.

68. Chavez

I filed January 21, ddd on February 10, bank rejected it. Check issued out February 22nd and still nothing. Im in California. Has anyone else gotten their refund. This ia stressful

69. Anonymous

Has any one gotten their refund check that was sent out on the 22nd smh. Im still waiting

70. Sent date of 2/12....How long does it really take to get to flipping Florida

WMR and the hotline says that the check was mailed on 2/12/16. No offsets on the Treasury Offset line (I knew there wasn’t but after this long thought maybe that should be checked to but it is clear). Is anyone else with my mail date still waiting? Can’t call them back until Friday but don’t want to jam phone lines if this is the norm.

71. Anonymous

@The 22nd in California:Did you receive your paper check already? I am in California too, mailed on the 22nd of February and nothing yet.

72. Anonymous

@Pissed off: same thing happened to me. Filed Feb 5, direct deposit rejected from walmart, sent back, mailed out March 4th according to wmr.

73. Pissed off

Irs approved and deposited my refund. Bank rejects refund and sends deposit back to irs. Now waiting for paper check. Did a friends taxes for him and he gets his refund a week later. Why? Because he got the prepaid card through turbo tax? I had mine to be deposited in walmarts Bluebird prepaid card they offer. WMR says check was mailed out on the 4th which was only yesterday. 3 more weeks of waiting?????

74. Krichter682

@James1: Did you check your wmr on the 26th? My check is supposed to be mailed today but wmr still hasn’t updated, so I didn’t know if it would.update today or tomorrow after it was sent

75. Krichter682

They are suppose to mail my paper check out today but wmr still hasn’t updated that it was sent. When will it update or should I call them?

76. Anonymous

@The 22nd in California: im in California mines was mailed the 22 got it on the 29

77. The 22nd in California

I am in California and nothing yet…. It says it was mailed on the 22nd…anyone else in California received it yet.

78. Anonymous

Mr refund was mailed feb 22, per irs . today is march 2 have not recieved anything

79. TEXASMAIL

@Worried12: Contact the IRS now, they say after 4 weeks you can contact them.

80. me me me

Has anyone recieved there check yet? Mine was mailed out on feb. 22nd and nothing as of yesterday

81. Anonymous

Check was mailed the February 17th nothing yet how long should a check usually take?

82. Alexander

My refund was mailed feb 24th and in still waiting on it. I been seeing that other people have got their checks in 4 days. I live in Boston MA can anyone please tell me when i might be getting it. I am one of those people that really needs this check to get back on my feet and pay of my debts

83. Anonymous

@Anonymous: did you check with the treasury to see if it was mailed and if the address is correct? Mines was mailed without the apt number but i was able to have the post office be on the look out for it.

84. Anonymous

Bank Rejected Deposit on 2/10/16. Called Irs and Was Told My Check Will Be Mailed Out On 2/22/16. Status Bar Says sent And It Was mailed out on the 22nd. As of Yesterday Still Nothing. I’m in Texas.